No announcement yet.

Help with connectiing to our camper technology with our iPhone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I continue my learning on this forum- thanks! For our 2022 Reflection 337RLS I connected both the One Control by Lippert and Compass Connect by Grand Design over Bluetooth. The youtube video from Grand Design helps in case there are questions about set-up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGCrkiZi3R0. If the barcode scan does not work, it can be set-up manually with the passcode written on the label. I don't know if Momentum has different requirements for set-up via bluetooth vs. wi-fi? Once signed in, both apps look and function exactly the same in terms of what I have experienced. The Lippert site for One Control speaks about connectivity through their add-on gateway product but I can't comment on that.

Is there a benefit to being connected via wi-fi over bluetooth?

Appreciate your insights and agree, there are questions about what choices are best for each type of coach.

Mike
    Mike & Linda
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 Diesel
    Denver, CO

Comment

Originally posted by andyusna77 View Post
      I continue my learning on this forum- thanks! For our 2022 Reflection 337RLS I connected both the One Control by Lippert and Compass Connect by Grand Design over Bluetooth. The youtube video from Grand Design helps in case there are questions about set-up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGCrkiZi3R0. If the barcode scan does not work, it can be set-up manually with the passcode written on the label. I don't know if Momentum has different requirements for set-up via bluetooth vs. wi-fi? Once signed in, both apps look and function exactly the same in terms of what I have experienced. The Lippert site for One Control speaks about connectivity through their add-on gateway product but I can't comment on that.

Is there a benefit to being connected via wi-fi over bluetooth?

Appreciate your insights and agree, there are questions about what choices are best for each type of coach.

Mike
      WiFi will have a much stronger signal and is generally more reliable.
      Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
      2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
      2020 Momentum 351M
      2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Light bulb just lit in my dim brain: CompassConnect is only using bluetooth, right?
        When we had our 2021 Reflection 337 it used the Compass Connect via Bluetooth. It did not have wireless capability. Our current unit has WiFi connection through the Lippert router. I have so far not found any Bluetooth option. I have not found a way to access the settings for the router so far. It appears to operate as a closed network. I have to connect to its network(MyRV) to access the wireless controls then switch back to the Winegard network for internet. Still more research needed.
        I would love to do something similar to what Bob has done, above my knowledge level at the moment…..
        2022 Momentum 397THS-R 12/3/2021
        Traded 2021 Reflection 337
        2020 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW
        Formerly M&K337

Comment

Working...
        X