USB charger LED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB charger LED

New 303 RLS and it has a USB charger mounted under the cabinets above the bed. The charging socket has a green LED light to let you know it's there. The problem is that the socket also points directly at your pillow which means it shines in your eyes while you are trying to sleep. I covered it with tape to get by, but does anyone know if you can take the charger off (2 screws) and simply remove/disable the LED light? Cant believe this topic has not come up before. I did a search to no avail...

Thanks,

Jeff

I have not heard of this yet either, I guess you will be the first to "fix" the issue. It is nice to have the light to find the port in the dark but I agree the inconvenience is not worth it. You will have to remove it and see if there is a way to either remove the LED or unwire it but I am guessing that it is attached to a circuit board with the USB port. You could even use black nail polish to cover the light.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Pulled the plug and it is sealed so I will be replacing it. I found one that has 2 USB slots and will cover the hole just fine. A pic of the light is attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	led.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	78550

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Miladin View Post
        Pulled the plug and it is sealed so I will be replacing it. I found one that has 2 USB slots and will cover the hole just fine. A pic of the light is attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	led.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	17.8 KB
ID:	78550
        Wow - that is intense, I would be replacing that that too, or at least putting some electrical tape over it.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

If I didn't have the same exact problem Jeff Miladin ,this would be funny. On my fourth night in the new 5yh wheel and I'm frantically searching for my electrical tpe to cover that obnoxious green light!! 😁Thanks for letting me know I can't just disable the light.
          Mike and Rebecca
          2022 Reflection 150 260RD, October 2021 build date.
          2001 Chev 2500 HD 8.1 liter 4x4

Comment

To me that charge port is useless. If it's in the same place as mine (directly in the middle) how do they expect you to handle the cord management. Let it drape over your forehead while sleeping?

I did complain here about that. Would be 100X better if they put one at each end of the overhead (probably cost an extra $7.99) thus the cords hang somewhat outside the sleeping envelope. Guess the GD team forgot about that small suggestion.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

So if you pull the existing USB you will find these electrical connectors.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	plugs.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	78760

Flip up the little paddle and you can remove the existing USB charger. Take the new charger and simply insert the wires into the connectors, push the paddles down and install the new USB port. Can look something like this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	usb.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	78759

The new plug is found here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DFR571Z...roduct_details

Attached Files

Comment

GDRV-Megan -- this seems like an issue to forward to the Reflection team. Who would want a green LED right above your head while in bed?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

LOL and too funny as we just took our new 2022 GD311 BHS out for the first time last weekend .... and were also "Blinded by the Light". When it's pitch black that bright green light lights up the whole bedroom. Felt like we were being invaded by ET or Martians. Ended up doing the same thing by temporarily covering it with electric tape to black it out. As Jeff has previously noted it's very easy to disconnect this USB device and install a new device without a light.

For Canadian shoppers I just ordered this one https://www.amazon.ca/Charger-Socket...tronics&sr=1-5 . I hope it works well, i'll let you know how it works when it gets here and I've installed it. UPDATE the USB lights in the link unfortunately also have little blue LED's around the outside edge :( which do not show up in the description. So do not order these lights. I'll keep looking to see if I can find some in Canada that we don't have to pay an arm and a leg for to get shipped up here.

Thanks everyone.
                  Last edited by Brad McNeely; 07-11-2022, 11:13 AM. Reason: UPDATE

Comment

Working...
                  X