No announcement yet.

12 v Fridge door not staying closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I posted in another forum....my 2022 Reflection 303RLS came with an elastic strap that clips across the two doors at the top. It works great at keeping the doors closed with food in the fridge and in the door. I've had no issues with it at all and appears to have come from the factory. I'm wondering why others do not have this solution???? I will take a pic and post for reference.
    40-year Camping Enthusiast
    2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Originally posted by COReflection View Post
      As I posted in another forum....my 2022 Reflection 303RLS came with an elastic strap that clips across the two doors at the top. It works great at keeping the doors closed with food in the fridge and in the door. I've had no issues with it at all and appears to have come from the factory. I'm wondering why others do not have this solution???? I will take a pic and post for reference.
      so did ours, but it got lost when we had it for repairs at the dealer.
      The question is, if it is available to purchase somewhere. Sadly I haven’t found it anywhere.

Comment

Here are the pics of how it works. Simple and effective.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230807_162238.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	118045
        Attached Files
        40-year Camping Enthusiast
        2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
        2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

We found that black plastic U-channel did hop off our fridge and the doors opened with moderate travel. We put 3M command strips on the top of the fridge and on the inside of the base of the "U" and with that velcro holding the channel on the fridge we have had zero problems with the doors opening. This is with 10,000 miles traveled in the past year. I don't think I would advise anyone to hunt down one of these parts if they don't already have it but if they do already have it I think the 3M addition made it work solidly enough to recommend without adding anything else.
          David and Deana
          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
          2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Working...
          X