Winegard Air 360+ WiFi Doesn't "See" Verizon MiFi Access Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winegard Air 360+ WiFi Doesn't "See" Verizon MiFi Access Point

At a recent campground in Montana the campground had a Verizon MiFi Access Point. My laptop could see and it so could my Samsung S10+ phone. The Winegard Air 360+ did not. Anyone have a clue why?

FYI I did make sure the Winegard's firmware and software were up-to-date. Even after updating the MiFi was not "seen" when scanning for WiFi.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Being completely honest, I don't know the Winegard system that well, but on their specifications it only lists 2.4Ghz supported WiFi, and doesn't list 5Ghz. Perhaps the network you were trying to connect to was a 5Ghz system only, and the Winegard doesn't support it? Again, complete guess as I don't have direct experience with that system, but it would make sense if true.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
      Being completely honest, I don't know the Winegard system that well, but on their specifications it only lists 2.4Ghz supported WiFi, and doesn't list 5Ghz. Perhaps the network you were trying to connect to was a 5Ghz system only, and the Winegard doesn't support it? Again, complete guess as I don't have direct experience with that system, but it would make sense if true.
      I considered that possibility. Unfortunately there wasn't time to research the type of signal associated withe the MiFi signal.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post
        howson I can confirm Stephen's suspicion about the limitations of the Winegard. It definitely only works on 2.4 GHz bandwidth and doesn't see any 5Ghz networks.
        Ken & Sandra
        2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Working...
        X