Hdmi arc 2019 376th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hdmi arc 2019 376th

We are on our second year with our GD and still trying to figure things out / work out the bugs. We purchased our GD from a retailer, not a dealership and the run thru was short and sweet. I am trying to figure if there is a way to play sound from the TV over the stereo speakers. There is a cable going from the HDMI port into the wall. The pioneer stereo system has a HDMI ARC setting. I just can't seem to make the two talk.

Another issue we have is TV / FM radio reception. I have read a lot of the topics on the issue here and have a question. Is the radio antenna and the TV coax supposed to be the same line? I spoke with a very rude lady from Wingard and she stated there are two antennas in the housing, one for TV and one for FM. If this is true, why is my radio and tv connected together? I don't want to peal the sealant of the Wingard just to check it if I don't have to. I have reached up from the speaker hole and can't find the cables.

Sorry for the long post, any help would be appreciated.
    "No place to go, No hurry to get there"
    2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
    2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins
    2015 HD Ultra Classic Limited

Jeff Barta -- what model Winegard? See diagram here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...1579#post31579

You'll see one model has separate coax for TV and radio, the other a single coax for both.

You do know booster must be on for AM/FM reception, right?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Barta View Post
      We are on our second year with our GD and still trying to figure things out / work out the bugs. We purchased our GD from a retailer, not a dealership and the run thru was short and sweet. I am trying to figure if there is a way to play sound from the TV over the stereo speakers. There is a cable going from the HDMI port into the wall. The pioneer stereo system has a HDMI ARC setting. I just can't seem to make the two talk.

By "into the wall" I'm not sure where you are saying the HDMI cable is terminated, but first you need to be certain that the cable is in fact connected to the stereo system and the TV. It's been a while since I set mine up, but if I remember correctly the stereo must be in the ARC setting and the TV must be in the ARC input setting. I'm not positive on that but it would be worth a try.

2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

The cable goes into the wall behind the fireplace, not sure how to get to it. Yes i checked and the cable is in the hdmi/arc port (hdmi 1) and the sterio is on arc. If i could pull the stereo away, I could check the cables behind it.
        2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
        2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

I had the same question. I have tried the arc settings on both the stereo and on the TV, but don't seem to get any sound out of the stereo speakers. I will follow this thread to hopefully figure my system out as well. Thanks!
          Blessings,
          Kevin & Tracy
          2021 Grand Design Imagine 2600RB
          2016 Chevy Silverado 1500

Comment

I have a 2022 2500RL, different stereo (Furrion DV7200) as well, however... mine wouldn't work on HDMI (ARC) either, the only thing that worked for me was to use a 3mm Audio to RCA wire to go from the TV (3mm audio) to the RCA on the back of the stereo

Good luck
            Rick

Comment

hey all. I finally got the cover off the stereo and was able to pull it out. The HDMI cable was very loose (poor mounting idea). I tried to zip tie it to the unit, but it was intermittent. I tried a spare cable and it worked perfect. Now I need to figure out how to fish the new cable in.
              2019 GD Momentum 376 TH
              2015 Dodge 3500 Cummins

Comment

Working...
              X