Furrion Artic shifting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Artic shifting

My 16 cubic foot Furrion is moving around slightly during transit. The refrigerator moves towards the front of the reflection fifth wheel which causes the door to make contact with the slide wooden molding. The contact with the molding is only created when you open the door and the outside edge pivots into the wood as the door opens. I solve the problem by pulling the refrigerator back into place. I'm talking about 3/8 to 1/2 inch shift in fore-aft position.

Question? Can I adjust whatever is securing the refrigerator.

Thanks
    Bill and Shannon
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2021 F250, 6.7

Originally posted by On The Fly View Post
    My 16 cubic foot Furrion is moving around slightly during transit. The refrigerator moves towards the front of the reflection fifth wheel which causes the door to make contact with the slide wooden molding. The contact with the molding is only created when you open the door and the outside edge pivots into the wood as the door opens. I solve the problem by pulling the refrigerator back into place. I'm talking about 3/8 to 1/2 inch shift in fore-aft position.

Question? Can I adjust whatever is securing the refrigerator.

Thanks
    The manual for the Furrion has some suggestions on how to secure it. The manual is available here: https://furrion.com/pages/downloads-refrigeration

The obvious question is why Furrion does not provide a way to permanently mount the frig...which I can't answer.

Out of curiosity, when you open the refrigerator are there visible air vents or is it a solid interior? Air vents = early model 12v, solid interior is the latest model. Early model example below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	early.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	96769

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

On The Fly -- also see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...6747#post96747
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Two answers to Howson.
        1) My Furrion is a newer model with no vents.
        2) My refrigerator is not shifting out towards the island, it shifts fore and aft. The brackets that you referenced have no way of attaching to the surround molding on the right side of the slide. I'll contact the fun people in GD Customer service.

Thanks for your reply.
        Bill and Shannon
        2022 Reflection 303RLS
        2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Two answers to Howson.
          1) My Furrion is a newer model with no vents.
          2) My refrigerator is not shifting out towards the island, it shifts fore and aft. The brackets that you referenced have no way of attaching to the surround molding on the right side of the slide. I'll contact the fun people in GD Customer service.

Thanks for your reply.
          In the Lippert Technical Institute Training on the Furrion is the slide shown below. Note step 4 and the associated graphics.

Is your refrigerator screwed into the cabinet? Can you post pics of the two areas shown?

Click image for larger version

Name:	install refrig.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	212.2 KB
ID:	96787

Howard & Francine

Comment

Howson,
            Thanks, you have provided more help then the GD Customer service representative. They wanted me to return to my point of purchase which was 300 miles away. This is a very easy fix, Thanks again.
            Bill and Shannon
            2022 Reflection 303RLS
            2021 F250, 6.7

Comment

Howson,
              Thanks, you have provided more help then the GD Customer service representative. They wanted me to return to my point of purchase which was 300 miles away. This is a very easy fix, Thanks again.
              Be super careful to use screws that don't penetrate all the way through the floor (slide). That will make a bad situation even worse. Since the slide floor is so (relatively) thin that could be why GD did not screw it in to the floor in the first place. (Conjecture on my part.)

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
              X