New water pump behavior question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New water pump behavior question

Installed new WP before returning home last Oct. Doing preflight checks today in prep for short trip 4/17. Put about 20 gal in FW tank. Exercised all outlets, kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, and inside shower. All well but here is the question: when demand for only one location is initiated all works well but pump seems to cycle fairly quickly even though the water flow is steady. As soon as I initiate a second or more location demand, all seems to work as designed but the cycle sound disappears as if the increase in demand resolved the cycle activity.

I’m not really worried, far more curious if this behavior sounds like a normal operating behavior or if I should investigate. (?). I know, if that’s all, I should count myself lucky, which I do!
    All inputs much appreciated.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

That sounds pretty typical to me. Probably using the wrong terms or awkwardly explaining, but the pump will have a cut-in and cut-off pressure point, and with a single faucet running, you are 'bouncing' between those two points slowly. IE, the pump turns on, the system can pressurize, the pump turns off, the pressure slowly falls with a single faucet running till the cut-in point, pump turns on, and repeat​. Whereas with some other water faucet running, the system isn't reaching the cut-off point, so the pump keeps running.

I remember reading in the Shurflo manual that you need to adjust the pressure switch on the pump, and that this should be done with the shower. Ideally you wouldn't want the pump to cycle while having a shower. Whereas cycling with a single faucet wouldn't be an issue, much like you're describing.
    ​​​​​​
    ​​​​
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Got it. Thanks Stephen, sounds logical to me. I’ll Ck out the SF manual although I wouldn’t have a problem with the cycle during showering. After thousands of shower’s aboard ships that would not be a big deal and, I’m not doing a ton of boon docking at the moment Appreciate your input. Travel safe. 🚌
      Dave and Sue
      2020 GD 2250RK
      2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
      Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
      GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
      SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Working...
      X