Furrion Battery monitor reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Battery monitor reset?

On our new 245 RL I took the weak little 88 amp hour battery out and replaced it with 300 amp hours of lithium. I changed my 25 amp charge controller to lithium but I cannot get the silly battery monitor to reset as I am at 14.3 volts. It's still says that I only have 95 amp hours. Does anyone know how to reset this battery monitor? I'm used to Victor on products and this thing just throws me a curve. My plan is to replace it with a Victron once we get this big summer trip done. Thanks so much!
    Andy and Stacy. New owners of a 2022 GD TRANSCEND 245RL pulled by a 2017 Ram Longhorn 2500 Cummins 6.7

This from the instruction manual:

Discharge the battery bank by turning loads on in your RV and disconnecting any charging equipment. DO NOT discharge battery below 10.5 volts. Once discharged, begin the following:
    1. Press to display battery capacity %.
    2. Press and Hold for 3 seconds, this will calibrate the meter to indicate the battery is at 0% capacity (empty).
    7. Press to display battery capacity %, press for 3 seconds to set the meter to 100%.
    The meter is now calibrated and set for the capacity of the battery​ bank.
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
    2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder​
    YouTube Chanel

Comment

Don’t forget to adjust your amp hours too. Here is a digital copy of the manual.
      Doug, Cheryl, 2 Kids, 2 Dogs.
      2023 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Duramax (Sam)
      2023 Imagine 2910BH (Frodo)

Comment

I am just following this discussion "from the sidelines" as I do not have a Furrion battery monitor (but, I have read the manual). Conventional battery information advises that discharging a lead/acid battery below 12.0V (50% SOC) can cause permanent damage. Discharging all the way to 10.5V (0% SOC) would not seem to be a wise thing to do. Most lithium batteries have a self-protection cutoff above 10.5V, so the Furrion discharge process would not apply. It would seem that clarification from Furrion is required.

Edit: What might work is discharging to 12V (50% SOC) and setting this as 0% thus your monitor will track safe usable power (50% to 100%)

Rob

Click image for larger version  Name:	12-v-Battery-State-Of-Charge.jpg Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	110393
        Last edited by Cate&Rob; 04-16-2023, 08:49 AM.
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

FWIW, these Furrion labeled monitor displays are exactly the same as the many branded ones found on Amazon. I recently put one of those on our 22mle. These are just simple coulomb counters and the directions that came with mine said said you could either set it up by discharging the battery to 0 % capacity and reset it to 0 and let it count up, or charge the battery to 100% capacity and reset it to 100% so it can count down. You set in the total system capacity as well and it just counts from there. There should be no reason you have to set it to 0 and also set it to 100%.

Of course my directions are a direct translation of the original Chinese (a pretty rough read). The Furrion directions seem to be a translation of the direct translation of the original Chinese, so maybe some was lost.
          Last edited by JPS350; 04-17-2023, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JPS350 View Post
            FWIW, these Furrion labeled monitor displays are exactly the same as the many branded ones found on Amazon. I recently put one of those on our 22mle. These are just simple coulomb counters and the directions that came with mine said said you could either set it up by discharging the battery to 0 % capacity and reset it to 0 and let it count up, or charge the battery to 100% capacity and reset it to 100% so it can count down. You set in the total system capacity as well and it just counts from there. There should be no reason you have to set it to 0 and also set it to 100%.

Of course my directions are a direct translation of the original Chinese (a pretty rough read). The Furrion directions seem to be a translation of the direct translation of the original Chinese, so maybe some was lost.
            Always awesome when a new member's first post is informative. Hope you'll read through the Welcome Letter (linked off home page) and continue to contribute.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

So I upgraded to lithium and got a new lithium compatible charger. I held in the % button for 3 sec and it set to 0. I want to set to 100% as that is where the batteries are but if I hold the % down it is not responding. Suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by crumbod View Post
                So I upgraded to lithium and got a new lithium compatible charger. I held in the % button for 3 sec and it set to 0. I want to set to 100% as that is where the batteries are but if I hold the % down it is not responding. Suggestions?
                Here is a thread that may help 2023 National Rally Furrion Battery Monitor Seminar - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X