Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 120V wiring diagram for WFCO WF-8735 on 2023 XLS 22MLE

Hello All,

I thought the picture below might be a handy reference for anyone trying to modify their WF-8735 Power distribution/Converter unit.

Melsman

Click image for larger version

Name:	WFCO WF 8735 wiring.jpg
Views:	2911
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	118608
    2023 XLS 22MLE towed by a 2017 F150. This is our fourth RV, though our first travel trailer.

Melsman -- added the Reference Library tag to your post. (Thanks, as always!)

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

That picture explains a lot. The WF8735 Wiring Legend is exactly the same on my 23LDE. My question is the converter power. It looks like the converter power and the GFCI’s are wired on the same circuit via a pig tale. I want the converter on a separate circuit so I can turn if off when I need to. Looks like the simplest way is to split the two. Move the converter wire to the empty Refrigerator Opt. circuit. Does this sound valid.
      Bill & Gail
      2023 Silverado HD High Country 6.6L GAS
      2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE
      U.S. Air Force - DAV​

Comment

Either that, or cut the line to the converter and put a 15amp light switch inline to turn the converter on and off as flipping a breaker is not exactly what it's designed to do.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Both solutions will work. I agree that a breaker isn’t designed to be used as frequently as a switch, but if you are only switching it off or on occasionally, then yes - connecting it to your “Refer Opt.” breaker would be a valid solution.

Melsman
          2023 XLS 22MLE towed by a 2017 F150. This is our fourth RV, though our first travel trailer.

Comment

Working...
          X