Generator auto start not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generator auto start not working?

I saw in One control that there os an option to auto start the generator when the HVAC needs to kick in. I tried it with all my AC's and every which way but it never auto kicked on. Am o doing something wrong?

2021 381m
    Last edited by timelinex; 09-27-2023, 04:09 PM.
    2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
    2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Originally posted by timelinex
    Anyone know anything about the auto start system?
    Not me--sorry!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

OK guys

I have an update.

I tried it again today doing the exact same steps. The AC turned to cooling and nothing happened. I went to go find my manual to see if it says anything. The bad part is I didn't see auto start mentioned anywhere in my manual. The good part is 10 minutes later, out of nowhere my generator starts and the ac starts shortly after!

So I'm not sure why there is literally a 10 minute delay between the AC "Starting" on the front end and the generator starting. Is that how your guys works as well?

A few other questions.

I turned off the AC and the generator did not stop. I waited 10-15 minutes and it was still running. I assume that is because it is abiding by the other 2 settings I see in the menu (run duration & rest duration). Does that mean when it gets pushed to turn on by auto start it will only run exactly for the run duration until it rests for the rest duration? I figured it would be "smart" and run for as long as the AC or battery voltage needed it? That sounds like a recipe for disaster on a hot day for 30 minutes AC may cool things off but 30 minute down time is enough to really get things heated to unsafe levels.

Can anyone else confirm how it's supposed to function or how theirs functions?

Thanks!​
      2021 Grand Design Momentum 381m
      2020 Ram 3500 8ft

Comment

Working...
      X