Ceiling fan stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ceiling fan stopped working

We were out in our 23LDE for our first “real” trip and the vent fan in the kitchen stopped working. Used it earlier in the day, turned it on later and the blades moved slightly and stopped.
    We’re home now are will troubleshoot, but no fuses are blown, everything else on the 12v system seems to work, and the blades are not bound up. Any suggestions? Is there an inline fuse on these?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Bill and Deb
    2024 Imagine XLS 23LDE
    Retired & Ramblin’

Originally posted by Speakeasy View Post
    We were out in our 23LDE for our first “real” trip and the vent fan in the kitchen stopped working. Used it earlier in the day, turned it on later and the blades moved slightly and stopped.
    We’re home now are will troubleshoot, but no fuses are blown, everything else on the 12v system seems to work, and the blades are not bound up. Any suggestions? Is there an inline fuse on these?
    Thanks,
    Bill
    No inline fuse I'm aware of, Bill.

There's a shroud in the ceiling that should be obvious how to remove (four screws?). Underneath you'll find the wiring. I suspect one of the connections came loose.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Howard, I dropped the shroud, and had good voltage on the power leads. There is a wire nut on the switch lead to the fan motor, it appeared to be loose. As I moved it, one wire feel out. Retwisted the wires, attached the wire nut and all is good. Thanks for your help! Bill Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2996.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	121151
      Bill and Deb
      2024 Imagine XLS 23LDE
      Retired & Ramblin’

Comment

Working...
      X