Light Over Front Door Inop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light Over Front Door Inop

2018 351M light over the front door only has .5 volts. Anyone have any info on this issue?

Originally posted by cjwilliams View Post
    2018 351M light over the front door only has .5 volts. Anyone have any info on this issue?
    Is the on/off switch for the light on the Convenience Panel? (I'm unfamiliar with the layout in the 351M.) If it is, was the voltage checked going into and out of the switch? (My assumption is your '18 has discrete circuits, not a bus setup using OneControl.)

If the on/off is NOT on the Convenience Center Panel, same question: was voltage checked going into and out of the switch?

It could also be a missing return ("ground"). If the meter's black lead is placed on a good known ground, is there 12v at the light with the on/off switch set to on?

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have the One Control. After changing the bulb, the bad bulb and turning One Control on the light is working.

Next issue is pantry light doesn't work. The switch inside the pantry only has one wire to it. doesn't seem to be hooked to strip light.

Comment

Sounds like one of the wires fell off the switch in the pantry. You might try pulling gently on the one attached to the switch in hopes the second half of the wire (the negative of the 12VDC) is still hooked together just out of sight. Other wise it's a bent coat hanger and a fishing job.

FYI most wiring in an RV is a 2 conductor joined wire like:
        Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	60
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	122538
        Last edited by Jlawles2; 10-30-2023, 07:48 PM.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X