50 AMP Cable Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 AMP Cable Security

Is anyone aware of a device that can be used to secure your 50 AMP power cable to prevent theft? Specifically, I have several scenarios:

1) You have to use a 50 AMP extension cable with your main cable. Is there a lock or some other device that can secure the connection between the two cables?

2) Is there a device that can secure the connection between the cable and the pedestal or the cable and the connector on the side of the travel trailer?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Timothy (Tim)
    2023 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    Travel Trailer

Specifically something like https://www.amazon.com/Technology-Re...-436299632305?

Other than that I would say find a hasp lock that fits over the main body of the cable that you can secure to something else like the frame or leaf springs. On the leaf end either pass through the end of itself or lock the eye to the body (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K02R9NS..._search_pt_sub) then the free end hasp to the cord using a lock that will not pass over the moulded end connectors.

Remember a good lock is a honest man deterrent but only a delay to a thief. Cable cutters will not protect anything from copper thieves.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

A little search and I found these,

How to prevent a thief from stealing your RV surge protector - RV Travel

Keep your RV power cord safe from thieves - RV Travel

I would guess that you could use 2 locks and a short piece of chain for the extension cord connection. I guess anyone that really wants the copper from the cord would just cut the cord and take it without the ends, hopefully they turn the power off first. I am not sure if campgrounds let you lock the power panel shut or not. If you were the only one using it I guess it would be ok maybe.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X