Adding new 120v, 15amp service.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding new 120v, 15amp service.

Our unit has only a 30amp service, which is adequate for most of our needs given the trailer size. However, we prefer for convenience to heat with a 1500w, thermostatically controlled PTC heater. I got tired of taking care to shut if off to make coffee, use the microwave, etc.

So I ordered this through Amazon, and installed it as shown in the pictures. Outside, I plug it into the 120v, 20amp outlet at the pedestal via a 12 gauge extension cord. I'll make something to cover the splinters when I'm back home. (For the curious, the 5 amp limit I placed on the OEM outlet is because they are on the same circuit as the converter, which is disconnected via a relay when I activate the inverter.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Plug.jpg Views:	0 Size:	146.3 KB ID:	128844

Click image for larger version  Name:	Bulkhead.jpg Views:	0 Size:	72.2 KB ID:	128845
    Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

That's actually pretty slick.. I always have to check the running amps prior to running the microwave etc etc.. gonna have to steal this one.

Thanks!
    Transcend 2022 265BH
    The Leisure Trails - coming soon! =)

Comment

Working...
    X