New 2023 23bhe no power to lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2023 23bhe no power to lights

I bought a 23bhe around the new year. I had it parked waiting for the weather to become nicer. I went and grabbed it from the parking lot today. When I plugged it into the car it got power and the jack was able to go up and down. I got home and tried to bring the jack down and it is only going very very slowly. I plugged it into a 20amp outlet at home and it’s powering the microwave and the tv but none of the lights. I’ve tried with the batter disconnect switch on and off. I’ve tried turning off unnecessary breakers and I’ve checked the fuses for damage. I am now at a loss. Any suggestions? I’ll be calling my service center tomorrow as well but it is a 30 minute drive away if it’s easy and I can avoid that hassle.

thanks in advance!

I would guess that you have a deeply discharged battery. When not using the RV for more than a few days it is best to disconnect the battery cables. Using the factory on board disconnect does not totally disconnect power from the RV, there are a few things that still have power that will discharge the battery. You can try to leave it plugged in to shore power and see if the battery will charge but I think the damage is done. There are also a couple fuses where the battery cables connect to the RV circuit, located on the trailer tongue, follow the battery cables.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by aoeah View Post
      I bought a 23bhe around the new year. I had it parked waiting for the weather to become nicer. I went and grabbed it from the parking lot today. When I plugged it into the car it got power and the jack was able to go up and down. I got home and tried to bring the jack down and it is only going very very slowly. I plugged it into a 20amp outlet at home and it’s powering the microwave and the tv but none of the lights. I’ve tried with the batter disconnect switch on and off. I’ve tried turning off unnecessary breakers and I’ve checked the fuses for damage. I am now at a loss. Any suggestions? I’ll be calling my service center tomorrow as well but it is a 30 minute drive away if it’s easy and I can avoid that hassle.

thanks in advance!
      Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Brian -- you can attempt to recharge the battery but it may be damaged beyond recovery. Your local auto parts store may do what's called a "load test" for free to verify if the battery is indeed bad.

Also, leave the misnamed "battery disconnect" on and leave it on. In practice all the "battery disconnect" does is disconnect the battery from the Power Convenience Center (PCC). There are still parasitic draws from the battery powering other circuits that bypass the PCC.

Also, if the battery disconnect is turned off (key can be removed), when plugged into shore power the camper's converter will NOT be able to charge the battery.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X