Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery dilemma

Hi everyone,

I have a 2024 Imagine 2800BH. This past winter, I didn’t take the battery out so it crapped out on me.

My fault obviously but a tree fell through the roof so I sent it to get fixed and in the meantime…yeah.

anyways; should I replace it with same old acid fuel cell battery or maybe think about upgrading? It has the solar panel on it which my understanding barely does anything, trickle charge the battery and what not.

Should I look to improve battery system while I’m at it to try and get more use of the solar? Typically we always camp with electricity available, but you never know!

thanks in advance

The key to any battery that you choose will be to disconnect the battery when you are not using the camper, this would go for lithium also. This way you will have some battery power when you need it. With the lower prices for lithium today it is hard not to recommend going with lithium over wet cell. I recently bought a deep cycle battery for my boat, $160.00, lithium for your camper would range around $250 and you would have no maintenance and much better battery power.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Brian for your input! Much appreciated

Comment

Before you decide which direction to go, you should verify that both converter and solar controller are lithium compatible. One would assume that a 2024 model would be, but we all know how that goes.

LiFePo4 technology is getting so inexpensive that it is hard to understand why dealers aren’t installing them in rigs that have compatible equipment. You get twice the useful storage capacity with half the headaches of lead acid. You can store them for long periods of time without worrying about self discharge, and most have higher output rates and faster charging rates than lead acid. The one big concern is cold weather - you cannot charge them if the battery temp is below freezing.
        2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
        2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder​
        YouTube Chanel

Comment

Good to know. I will need to verify that information. I am in central NY so weather is an issue but we start/stop camping before the weather turns. There are some later in fall trips that temps could drop below freezing temp but that’s rare and usually we are hooked into electric for camping.

I guess my next move is researching to see if I am lithium capable! Thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
          X