Two Battery Disconnect Switches, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Battery Disconnect Switches, why?

When I received my walk through, the tech pointed out the battery disconnect switches, which I seemed to understand, but I now am not sure why there are two of them. The one closest to the outside of the cabinet is the large red one that I see in most posts regarding the bat disconnect. However, I have another red switch, slightly smaller, that right next to the "main" one. What is that for? It operates the same way, i.e. turn to the left and remove the key. I don't have a picture right now but will add later if that helps. I do have solar on the roof as well.

2023 GD 395 MS
    2023 Momentum 395MS

My Reflection has two also. The big red one is for the solar and the other one is the battery disconnect. I made the mistake of turning off the solar disconnect and I killed my battery.
    Raymond and Dee Dee
    2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

As reubenray stated, one is for solar disconnect and one is for battery disconnect. Figure out which is which and label them, not sure why they do not label them at the factory. Also an important note is that the solar disconnect is on the battery side of the solar controller not the panel side. We have begged GD over the last few years to get both disconnects installed at the factory but only have one so far. The reason for the panel disconnect is to protect the controller when a battery is not present, also protects the user if they play with the wires while the sun is shining.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here are pictures of mine, both are inside the storage cabinet behind the batteries. I assume the big one is the battery disconnect and the smaller one the solar as the smaller seems to be behind the solar controller.
        2023 Momentum 395MS

Comment

I would guess you are right, at least one of them is labeled.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
          X