Bedroom Light Flickers (Repair Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedroom Light Flickers (Repair Video)

Often forum members may read comments from others that "most repairs can be done with handyman skills". Here's an example of a repair that is simple to execute.

Issue: Bedroom light flickering. (LED driver is bad in the light.)

Repair: Replace the light.

Tools & Supplies: Wire cutter, wire stripper, butt splices*, heat gun*

*Not recommended, but a wire cap will work.

This is the light used in the bedroom of my '19 315RLTS. (There's a 3" version of this exact same light, so check yours before ordering!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Facon.JPG
Views:	1254
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	14400
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

I had the exact same problem. I emailed GD (i'm still under warranty) and provided all info that I was requested to. The guy was super polite and said he would send a replacement out right away. Wow I thought, that was a great experience. Before we arrived home after our last trip out, the flickering stopped. We've been home two weeks now and the fixture still hasn't arrived, although now it's not such a big deal.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Sometimes the "flickering" is caused by a loose connection. The factory crimp connectors in Howard's video are ok but a good butt connector works better , in my opinion. I have found a couple in our 29RS that I actually pulled the wires out when checking to see if they were tight , did not have to pull too hard on them either.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X