303 Inverter Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303 Inverter Location

GD 303 RLS Connected to shoreline power, brand new battery, two days later its dead.

where is the inverter located in this model?
    Is there a fuse within the inverter?

Originally posted by Cheryld71 View Post
    GD 303 RLS Connected to shoreline power, brand new battery, two days later its dead.

Cheryld71--your post is now on the Technical Forum in the Electrical channel. For some reason it showed as "unapproved" on the GDRV4Life side. (I'm not sure why.)

There are multiple 303 owners on the forum, so I'll let them advise regarding your question.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome.

I am not a 303 owner but have a similar unit. There is not an inverter. The item you are looking for is a converter. You will find this behind the rearward removable wall in the pass thru storage area. There will be about 3 screws or so at each end to remove and the wall can be moved out of the way. On the door side you will see the converter. There are 2 fuses on the converter. I would doubt that these would be blown. You may check the battery disconnect switch , this needs to be in the on position to charge the battery.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here are pictures of our converter in our 303. I would not think the location has moved much with model years. It is directly behind the rear basement wall near the middle of the RV and accessed as Brian shared in post #3. Ours has two35 amp blade fuses as you can see in the second picture.

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

To add to the previous ideas . . . your trailer 12V circuits have likely been running off shore power through the converter (indicating that it is operating properly) The battery disconnect switch being turned off (as mentioned by Brian in post 3) is a likely cause of the dead battery problem. The fuses on the converter are there to protect it from reversed battery cable connection. I don't think I have ever heard of these fuses being blown from any other cause.

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
          X