Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Front Cap "V" LEDs - Moved Switch ( '19 315RLTS )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Cap "V" LEDs - Moved Switch ( '19 315RLTS )

Yet another project I wanted to do while the coroplast is down and the Nautilus Panel is awaiting reinstall. It never made sense to me that the front LED switch was on the Nautilus panel. Who walks around to the street side to turn on (or off) a light on the front of the camper? Well...at least I know it wasn't me.

The pictures below show the lights and the original location of the switch.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front Cap LED Switch.JPG Views:	0 Size:	131.9 KB ID:	20926

I moved the (original) switch into the "Front Lt" slot (the last empty one on my Convenience Center panel). I had to use my dremel to make the rectangular slot into a round hole, but with a little patience it turned out OK. (Full disclosure: the "CAP LED" label is hiding the upper left and upper right corners of the rectangle that were just visible.)

The Nautilus Panel location will get a plastic plug inserted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Convenience Center Change.JPG Views:	0 Size:	157.0 KB ID:	20927

I ran a single 14ga wire from the Nautilus Panel area up under the hutch and then up behind the Convenience Center panel. This is the "power out" line of the switch (middle connection). In the pics below there's no wire on the middle connection at that point of the project (but it is there now).

Power (the black wire) was tapped off the Step Lt switch and ground was added to the huge wire nut of grounds behind the panel. (FYI, the ground is for the light indicator on the switch itself, not for the LEDs on the front cap.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Wiring.JPG Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	20928

The DW came in the camper while I was working, took one look, then turned around and left without saying a word. Now why do think that is?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Looks Bad.JPG Views:	0 Size:	70.2 KB ID:	20929

It's all back together and works as I expected (and hoped). Now when I want the front light on, I can do so before leaving the camper. When arriving back I can leave the light on until I enter the camper, then turn it off.

Question is--why didn't GD design it that way in the first place (or at least have it on a three-way switch like the pump)?

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus
Working...
X