Electric Stabilizer Jacks won't retract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric Stabilizer Jacks won't retract

Hey all, new to GD. Just purchased a brand new Reflection 297RSTS. Second trip out, rear electric stabilizers wouldn't retract. Does not appear there is any power to switch. Nothing happens. Front jacks work fine as does everything else that pulls off the battery. Got them up manually and have called GD about possible warranty issue. Suspect it's much simpler than that. I'm handy with many things, but NOT electrical. Any insights? I have a multimeter but not sure where exactly to check for voltage. Is there an inline fuse somewhere? If so, I couldn't find it. Would appreciate any and all insights.

Smiletwice

The switches for these stabilizers are not know for their longevity. A failed switch would be the first place that I would look. There should be an auto resetting circuit breaker on the frame rail somewhere near the stabilizer switch. Over to the Reflection TT guys for specifics on where this CB is located.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001546.pdf
      Originally posted by Smiletwice View Post
      Hey all, new to GD. Just purchased a brand new Reflection 297RSTS. Second trip out, rear electric stabilizers wouldn't retract. Does not appear there is any power to switch. Nothing happens. Front jacks work fine as does everything else that pulls off the battery. Got them up manually and have called GD about possible warranty issue. Suspect it's much simpler than that. I'm handy with many things, but NOT electrical. Any insights? I have a multimeter but not sure where exactly to check for voltage. Is there an inline fuse somewhere? If so, I couldn't find it. Would appreciate any and all insights.
      Could be the PSX1 system on your trailer or maybe even PSX2 (mine has the 1 on it). Manual for 1 is here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001546.pdf

If you do have the 2 (sticker right on the side with large letters--you can't miss it) the manual is here: https://lci-support-doc.s3.amazonaws...cd_0001556.pdf

Edit: Note that on the PSX1 there is only one motor (on the street side). The black ground wire is the solid white on my trailer. The battery + is the solid blue wire. Red and black *should* be right! (I was initially looking at a replacement switch I literally have on my desk. Then I looked at the pictures and went "whoops"!) Sorry if this is confusing.

Here's PSX1 and 2's for comparison:

Click image for larger version

Name:	PS1 diagram.JPG
Views:	2183
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	21760
      PSX2
      Click image for larger version  Name:	wiring diagram.JPG Views:	0 Size:	137.0 KB ID:	21756

Components are underneath the trim panel:

Click image for larger version  Name:	start here.JPG Views:	0 Size:	133.8 KB ID:	21754
      Click image for larger version  Name:	2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	73.4 KB ID:	21755
      Last edited by howson; 06-16-2020, 05:27 PM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X