Solitude Control Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solitude Control Station

Hello, I am not really sure where to put this, if it needs to be moved or deleted I understand.

I am developing a HMI Control Station for our Solitude, I am wondering if Grand Design has Vector files of the Layout of my 2020 385GK-R all I can find is a low quality JPEG with description of different components. Unfortunately I cant open EPS files, it would need to be a Vector PDF or SVG. I would like to use them in my development showing when lights are on. I think it would add a little something when you click a light and that part of the camper glows on the screen. If you have some graphic designers that would like to help me out that would be great. Here is what I have so far. I would like some feedback and let me know what you think. I also would like to know can I get a sheet of plywood matching my interior for this HMI to sit in. I am thinking of either installing it in front of the current control panel or I might put it in the top section of the washer dryer closet.

I have added a Web Server if you would like to look at it here it is. http://173.241.181.60:8080/ This is actually controlling the PLC in my shop. Its not installed yet so you can activate the buttons. The temp and humidity is actual readings. If there is more than one person is in at a time the controls will act from both users.

Home Page:

This is just a Logo Page, you push anyplace on the screen will take you to Overview.

Overview:

View Battery, Tank Levels, Inside Temp, Inside Humidity and Water Pressure, and control Awnings, Water Pump, and Inverter

Lights

You can control all lights independent from each, other or you can turn on/off all the inside or outside lights at the same time.

Slide Outs

Has the manual and auto slide out feature(user programmable in the setup page). I still have the Permissive, this is just for the slides not the Awnings.

Setup

Is for the time the slides and awnings will extend or retract. I am thinking of adding a section so you can select what lights will come on when you hit the all lights on button from the LIGHT PAGE.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Main Page.png Views:	0 Size:	375.0 KB ID:	22183

Click image for larger version  Name:	OverView Page.png Views:	0 Size:	398.6 KB ID:	22186

Click image for larger version  Name:	Lights Page.png Views:	0 Size:	463.4 KB ID:	22184

Click image for larger version  Name:	Slide Outs Page.png Views:	0 Size:	467.3 KB ID:	22185

Click image for larger version  Name:	Set Up Page.png Views:	0 Size:	278.2 KB ID:	22187
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kensoko; 06-21-2020, 05:53 PM.

Originally posted by Kensoko View Post
    I am developing a HMI Control Station for our Solitude...this is actually controlling the PLC in my shop.
    HMI--"Human Machine Interface"? (I'm guessing as I have no idea.)

PLC?

I understand the file format request.

You'll need to put your VIN in your profile or put it in a post here before I can "tag" our GD representative.

Alternatively (and ultimately a faster method) is to give GD Customer Service a call tomorrow. They will also ask for your VIN, and while your request is unusual they will do what they can to assist. 74-825-9679

Good luck with your project!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

HMI--"Human Machine Interface"? (I'm guessing as I have no idea.)

PLC?

I understand the file format request.

You'll need to put your VIN in your profile or put it in a post here before I can "tag" our GD representative.

Alternatively (and ultimately a faster method) is to give GD Customer Service a call tomorrow. They will also ask for your VIN, and while your request is unusual they will do what they can to assist. 74-825-9679

Good luck with your project!

Howard
      Yes HMI is Human to Machine Interface
      PLC= Programmable Logic Controller It’s programmed to take Inputs and do logic and produce an Output.

I will update my vin in my profile but for now it’s 573FS4223L9903827

can you retype the area code?

Thank You for your help.

Comment

Yes HMI is Human to Machine Interface
        PLC= Programmable Logic Controller It’s programmed to take Inputs and do logic and produce an Output.

I will update my vin in my profile but for now it’s 573FS4223L9903827

can you retype the area code?

Thank You for your help.
        574-825-9679
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

[QUOTE=Kensoko;n22181]Hello, I am not really sure where to put this, if it needs to be moved or deleted I understand.

I am developing a HMI Control Station for our Solitude, I am wondering if Grand Design has Vector files of the Layout of my 2020 385GK-R all I can find is a low quality JPEG with description of different components. Unfortunately I cant open EPS files, it would need to be a Vector PDF or SVG. I would like to use them in my development showing when lights are on. I think it would add a little something when you click a light and that part of the camper glows on the screen. If you have some graphic designers that would like to help me out that would be great. Here is what I have so far. I would like some feedback and let me know what you think. I also would like to know can I get a sheet of plywood matching my interior for this HMI to sit in. I am thinking of either installing it in front of the current control panel or I might put it in the top section of the washer dryer closet.

Kensoko ,

This is very cool. Curious, what action is flipping the bit for all the auto awning functions?

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by [USER="MidwestCamper"

This is very cool. Curious, what action is flipping the bit for all the auto awning functions?

Jim
            Its the timer on the setup page. You enter the length of time you want the awning to run in 0.1 seconds. If you front awning needs 4.2 secs to extend and retract is 5.5 secs you manually enter the time and it will only run that time.

I have been looking for either a vibration switch or an Anemometer that either would have a setpoint to auto retract if the winds get too high.

I hope that answers your question.

Comment

Your project looks very interesting. I am very curious to see how this proceeds. With the Solitude line not yet adopting LCI OneControl, your effort provides an open way to provide similar but customized functionality. A couple of years ago I did something similar with a 2010 Open Range 5th wheel (with respect to creating AutoLevel functionality). Here is a YouTube video of what I attempted to do .... using a Raspberry Pi and writing some code .... the HMI was a web page on a phone or tablet. Timing of the landing gear was something important as well as positioning of the camper. You could probably use the same IMU I used for your awning to detect wind ....

2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
              1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
              2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

Its the timer on the setup page. You enter the length of time you want the awning to run in 0.1 seconds. If you front awning needs 4.2 secs to extend and retract is 5.5 secs you manually enter the time and it will only run that time.

I have been looking for either a vibration switch or an Anemometer that either would have a setpoint to auto retract if the winds get too high.

I hope that answers your question.
                You may be able to source a sensor for high wind from this vendor. For vibration a low cost X-Y accelerometer will work. Unfortunately I am not aware of a low cost two axis accelerometer but there may be some out there.

https://www.retractableawnings.com/m...trols/sensors/

Jim
                Last edited by Guest; 06-22-2020, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Here is one ....
                  Amazon.com: SparkFun IMU Breakout - MPU-9250 System in Package (SiP) 9 degrees of freedom MEMS sensor Includes 3-axis Accelerometer 3-axis Gyroscope 3-axis Magnetometer I2C SPI Detachable mounting holes: Industrial & Scientific
                  2021 Solitude S-2930 RL

Comment

Very nice , are you looking to use raspberry Pi system ? PLC would do it easily but getting the sensors in place would be painful... good luck!!
                    2019 2500 RAM Laramie diesel 4x4 2021 303RLS vin 573FR3321M9907669

Comment

I put that together about 2 1/2 years ago for the fun of it. I have. Solitude S-Class 2930RL on order, so probably more interested in the original post’ ideas. Agree a PLC is ideal. The IMU I pointed to above uses I2C so it should work with a PLC or Arduino if the interface is present. My auto level is reading the Inertial Measuring Unit (X,Y,Z) and using that information to control the landing gear. One could do the same thing with an awning (high wind, position, etc.)
                      2021 Solitude S-2930 RL

Comment

Originally posted by Harleybr56 View Post
                        Very nice , are you looking to use raspberry Pi system ? PLC would do it easily but getting the sensors in place would be painful... good luck!!
                        Its built and running. I don't have it installed yet, I will do that after we come back from Idaho Falls next month. I am using a PLC and an HMI. The only sensors I will be adding is Vibration sensor for the awning( might use wind speed), Water Pressure and Voltage. Both should be easy to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by openrangeowners View Post
                          I put that together about 2 1/2 years ago for the fun of it. I have. Solitude S-Class 2930RL on order, so probably more interested in the original post’ ideas. Agree a PLC is ideal. The IMU I pointed to above uses I2C so it should work with a PLC or Arduino if the interface is present. My auto level is reading the Inertial Measuring Unit (X,Y,Z) and using that information to control the landing gear. One could do the same thing with an awning (high wind, position, etc.)
                          That sounds great!! do you have any pics of it?

Comment

2021 Solitude S-2930 RL

Comment

Working...
                            X