• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide lube

What is recommended to lube the slides

Originally posted by Geddie View Post
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Geddie.

First, let's define "slides" as there are multiple types on GD units. (It helps if the unit is identified in the question.) There's the in-wall ("Schwintek"), and thru-slide (electric and hydraulic).

In the Lippert documentation, you'll find this statement in the electric thru-slide manual: It is recommended that when operating in harsh environments (road salt, ice build up, etc) the moving parts be kept clean. They can be washed with mild soap and water. No grease or lubrication is necessary and in some situations may be detrimental to the environment and long term dependability of the system.

The https://support.lci1.com/slide-outs/ website has all the other manuals, and though I didn't check I'm guessing all the manuals have the same statement about slide lubrication.

However...I've personally witnessed GD technicians (at a rally) and many owners (like myself) clean and lightly lubricate (removing any excess) using CRC's PTFE-based dry lubricant.

Click image for larger version  Name:	PTFE.JPG Views:	0 Size:	14.0 KB ID:	22213

Again, welcome!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Geddie View Post
      It's helpful to those answering questions to have some information about your specific RV - model, year, which slide you're talking about, etc. Many of us put our rig information in a signature (see mine below) so we don't have to repeat that every time. As Howard mentioned, there a several types of slide mechanisms on GD products: the large electric slides, the electric Schwintek slides used for bed slides, and hydraulic slides used on the Solitudes and Momentums. Each is a different design and requires different approaches.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
      X