Battery Circuit Breaker Tripping & Resetting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Circuit Breaker Tripping & Resetting

I have searched the forum but cannot find a thread related to the the TT battery charging circuit breaker/relay. So here is my situation.

When I backed the trailer into the driveway today after getting home form our Thanksgiving trip, before I disconnected anything I heard this 'chirping' sound. I narrowed it down to the circuit breaker between the battery and the rest off the trailer. Obviously the 'chirping' was the CB tripping and resetting. I disconnected the 7 pin plug from my TV and the circuit breaker stopped making a noise.

I know I have some trouble shooting to do but wanted see if anyone has had this issue?

Also, my service engine light on the TV came on just before getting home. Not sure if it is related but seems very coincidental.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post
    I have searched the forum but cannot find a thread related to the the TT battery charging circuit breaker/relay. So here is my situation.

When I backed the trailer into the driveway today after getting home form our Thanksgiving trip, before I disconnected anything I heard this 'chirping' sound. I narrowed it down to the circuit breaker between the battery and the rest off the trailer. Obviously the 'chirping' was the CB tripping and resetting. I disconnected the 7 pin plug from my TV and the circuit breaker stopped making a noise.

I know I have some trouble shooting to do but wanted see if anyone has had this issue?

Also, my service engine light on the TV came on just before getting home. Not sure if it is related but seems very coincidental.
    I would look at the box under the frame by the battery tray. There is a wire that is in contact with the box and with time it will cut through the insulation. Also, the aux 12V from the 7 pin connector is attached to the 30 amp breaker you are talking about (at least in on my 2021 Imagine 2800BH). I would start there since disconnecting the cable makes it stop reseating. It could also be a bad breaker. I got 2 on Amazon for like $8.
    2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn, CC SB 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2021 GD Imagine 2800BH

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

I would check what code your TV is throwing with a scanner too, it may help narrow in on the issue.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
      X