Under cabinet lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under cabinet lighting

I would like to add some under cabinet lights where they aren't currently in place. The area is near the information panel so I would assume I could get power from that area? Any information on lights and the process if anyone cares to provide it.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
    I would like to add some under cabinet lights where they aren't currently in place. The area is near the information panel so I would assume I could get power from that area? Any information on lights and the process if anyone cares to provide it.
    Bill,
    Have you checked the new Master Modification LIst for threads of interest? If you're familiar with Excel, it's easy to filter the CHANNEL column to the ELECTRICAL entries and then look down the titles and descriptions for threads that may give you a few ideas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MML.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	290.9 KB
ID:	37323
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have not. Thanks for the tip and I will check it out.
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      SE Texas

Comment

I found the referenced spreadsheet and have bookmarked a couple of the threads. I bought a dimmer switch for the overhead lights in the main area which will be a welcomed change. One thing I do not see how to do is remove the panel cover for the command center. It has a frame which I assume snaps in place? I don't want to start trying to removing it without a bit of experienced guidance. Thanks for any input.
        Bill & Cindy
        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
        SE Texas

Comment

I found the referenced spreadsheet and have bookmarked a couple of the threads. I bought a dimmer switch for the overhead lights in the main area which will be a welcomed change. One thing I do not see how to do is remove the panel cover for the command center. It has a frame which I assume snaps in place? I don't want to start trying to removing it without a bit of experienced guidance. Thanks for any input.
          Bill

The frame does snap into place and is a little bit of a pain to get off , I broke a couple of my snap fingers. Then behind the frame is a few screws that hold the rest in place. Be ready for a pile of wiring behind there.

Here is a pic of mine with the frame removed , maybe yours is similar.

Name:	20190419_093701.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	37798

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

get a autmotive set of trim tools, all plastic but they come in handy

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Bill

The frame does snap into place and is a little bit of a pain to get off , I broke a couple of my snap fingers. Then behind the frame is a few screws that hold the rest in place. Be ready for a pile of wiring behind there.

Here is a pic of mine with the frame removed , maybe yours is similar.

Name:	20190419_093701.jpg
Views:	573
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	37798

Brian
              Brian, thank you. Except for a couple of the larger rocker switches, it looks exactly the same. I'm seeing 6 round holes in the frame and assume that is where the trim piece snaps in?

Ed, thanks. I will look into the trim tools.
              Bill & Cindy
              2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
              SE Texas

Comment

Brian, thank you. Except for a couple of the larger rocker switches, it looks exactly the same. I'm seeing 6 round holes in the frame and assume that is where the trim piece snaps in?

Ed, thanks. I will look into the trim tools.
                Bill

I meant to look at the frame last night but got side tracked. The 6 holes are actually extra mounting holes. The frame snaps on with fingers which I think snap on the outside not in the holes. I will check this evening.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I just saw your post Brian but haven't done anything yet. I did buy a trim toolset and will soon attempt this. Brian, did you get a chance to look at the frame? Christmas day so no hurry at all.
                  Bill & Cindy
                  2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                  SE Texas

Comment

I just saw your post Brian but haven't done anything yet. I did buy a trim toolset and will soon attempt this. Brian, did you get a chance to look at the frame? Christmas day so no hurry at all.
                    Bill

Sorry I have been a little busy. I just went out to look at the frame and found that there are 6 round clips that do in fact connect to the 6 empty holes in my previous picture. In the attached photo you can see the round clip and also the frame has a lip that goes around the outside of the frame so you will not be able to gain access from the outside it would be best to slide something from the inside out to pry the round clips from the panel.

Name:	panel frame.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	38629

I broke 1 half of the round clip on the top and have not yet replaced the frame as I do not want to break any more if I need to remove the panel.

Hope this helps you out.

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers , Brian that helps alot. Thanks for the picture. Most of the trim tool kit is plastic so I will use one of those pry tools from the inside. . How do these under cabinet fixtures come loose?

Edit: Brian I was able to easily remove the frame with nothing broken. Thanks again.

Last edited by BillinTexas; 12-26-2020, 01:57 PM.
                      Bill & Cindy
                      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                      SE Texas

Comment

I managed to add another undercabinet light on the opposite side of the microwave from the other one. I used #14 wire and pulled it through with a coat hanger. A pretty simple process. I also used Marty's adapters and changed both main interior and exterior light switches to dimmers. Also, very easy to do. Thanks for the help on these. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210103_162812.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	39373
                        Bill & Cindy
                        2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                        SE Texas

Comment

I managed to add another undercabinet light on the opposite side of the microwave from the other one. I used #14 wire and pulled it through with a coat hanger. A pretty simple process. I also used Marty's adapters and changed both main interior and exterior light switches to dimmers. Also, very easy to do. Thanks for the help on these. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210103_162812.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	39373
                          Bill, do you have a link for those dimmer switches?

Comment

Originally posted by deltat210 View Post

Bill, do you have a link for those dimmer switches?
                            There is a thread somewhere on these. Check this post out and the thread it is part of. Gives info on the blank plates that fit the panel also. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...=8545#post8545
                            Bill & Cindy
                            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                            SE Texas

Comment

Working...
                            X