No announcement yet.

CPAP Charging off grid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Howard, Yes, That is what I will get from the two golf cart batteries. I will add a battery monitor to keep an eye on the 12 volt system charge. Other than running the furnace on occasion, I would think the biggest draw will be our 12 volt water pump?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian S View Post
      Thanks Howard, Yes, That is what I will get from the two golf cart batteries. I will add a battery monitor to keep an eye on the 12 volt system charge. Other than running the furnace on occasion, I would think the biggest draw will be our 12 volt water pump?
      I scanned these posts but don't see your unit--what do you own, Brian?

In the 2019 Imagine Owners Manual there's an Approximate Electrical Load Ratings page in the Electrical Systems section. I expect every model will have a similar page with information like this.

Obviously not every listing is applicable to an Imagine, so it may be generic. The awning will draw 10 amps (but is not used much) and the water pump 7 amps, but that is intermittent, too. By far the highest continuous draw will be the furnace (if needed). The power vent has a surprisingly high amp draw, too. If it was left on overnight on a warm evening. 5 amps per hour over 8 hours is 40aH--a healthy chunk of a standard camper's battery capacity.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ratings.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	41106
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I scanned these posts but don't see your unit--what do you own, Brian?
        Brian S said in one of the early posts:
        Currently: ResMed S9 CPAP machine.
        Getting: AirSense 10

I posted this:

https://document.resmed.com/document...de_glo_eng.pdf

Which has this (It's REALLY LONG and requires to know what settings he's running):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-01-28 090332.png
Views:	141
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	41131

I'm sure we can figure this out. :-)
        Mike
        2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Howard, not sure if you mean the CPAP, or the trailer? Mike got the CPAP above, and the trailer is a 2021 2600RB.

Comment

Working...
          X