add fan to roof vent in bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• add fan to roof vent in bedroom

Hi, I have an Imagine 23BHE, year 2021. The roof vent in the bedroom does not have a fan, like the vent in the bathroom does. I want to make the bedroom vent just like the bathroom vent, with the simple one speed fan, and an on-off switch. I've tried to get the parts info for 2 weeks now from my dealer, but still no info. Looks like I may just need a fan & motor set, mounting bracket, and on/off switch. Any advise on getting this info would be appreciated.

Have you considered the Hengs Vortex II fan. It is made to fit in your existing roof vent - you just need to have access to 12V and ground. It already has a switch (or multi-position switch in the case of the more expensive model.). https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-Industr...s%2C139&sr=8-1

or

https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-Industr...%2C139&sr=8-15

The second one includes the complete frame and top but you could raid it for parts. The first would be my choice - bolts right in to place without removing the existing sky light vent.
    2021 Solitude S-2930 RL
    1200 watts solar, 3KW inverter, 400 A/Hr LiFePO4 batteries
    2020 Ford F-350 CC LB Crew Cab SRW 6.7L 4x4 3.55

Comment

awesome idea, thanks so much!

Comment

I just installed a Hengs Vortex II fan in the bathroom of my 22MLE. Super easy install. I selected this fan because I wanted to be able to use the switch on the wall to turn the fan on/off since my wife can't reach a switch on a fan up on a ceiling. I was going to go with a MaxAir fan, but those all have soft switches, so I think the switch on the wall would always have to be in the "on" position. Also I didn't have to get up on the roof and remove any roof sealant as the Hengs fan is installed from inside the trailer. Hopefully the Hengs fan will stand up over time.

Billm321
        Bill M.
        2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

Originally posted by BillM321 View Post
          I just installed a Hengs Vortex II fan in the bathroom of my 22MLE. Super easy install. I selected this fan because I wanted to be able to use the switch on the wall to turn the fan on/off since my wife can't reach a switch on a fan up on a ceiling. I was going to go with a MaxAir fan, but those all have soft switches, so I think the switch on the wall would always have to be in the "on" position. Also I didn't have to get up on the roof and remove any roof sealant as the Hengs fan is installed from inside the trailer. Hopefully the Hengs fan will stand up over time.

Billm321
          I was planning to install a vortex II in the bathroom of our 22mle back in the summer but it was back ordered at the time. How would you compare noise level to the original? Also, does it block out all of the light since it’s an insert?
          2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
          2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          Andersen WDH
          Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
          2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
          2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Originally posted by Tigger1 View Post

I was planning to install a vortex II in the bathroom of our 22mle back in the summer but it was back ordered at the time. How would you compare noise level to the original? Also, does it block out all of the light since it’s an insert?
            To be honest I only ran the original fan one time when I bought the trailer to make sure the 12v circuit worked. I didn't pay much attention to the noise level as I knew those tiny blades wouldn't move any air and was therefore the fan was going to get replaced regardless if it was loud or silent.

I will say that the Hengs fan is not "silent" by any means, even on the lowest of its 3 speed settings. And having a MaxAir Vent cover over the whole thing probably makes it louder. But for our style of camping we just wanted a fan in the bathroom that exchanged air quickly. We only turn on the bathroom fan for a few minutes as needed, if you catch my meaning. With the bathroom door shut and the Hengs fan on its lowest setting, I held the piece of paper the instructions were printed on down at the floor and it sucked that piece of 8.5x11" paper out of my hand and under the door into the bathroom. So I think that will work for what I need.

It does block out more light since there is more plastic housing covering up the opening. But it isn't dark in the bathroom by any means.

I honestly would have rather of had a large Maxair or Fantastic style fan installed from the factory. I am sure those are much better build quality than the Hengs fan and probably move more air with less noise. But I just didn't want to mess with the the roof sealant that would be required to replace the whole unit for as little as we the bathroom fan.

Hope that help

Billm321
            Last edited by BillM321; 02-02-2021, 10:05 AM.
            Bill M.
            2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

Originally posted by BillM321 View Post

To be honest I only ran the original fan one time when I bought the trailer to make sure the 12v circuit worked. I didn't pay much attention to the noise level as I knew those tiny blades wouldn't move any air and was therefore the fan was going to get replaced regardless if it was loud or silent.

I will say that the Hengs fan is not "silent" by any means, even on the lowest of its 3 speed settings. And having a MaxAir Vent cover over the whole thing probably makes it louder. But for our style of camping we just wanted a fan in the bathroom that exchanged air quickly. We only turn on the bathroom fan for a few minutes as needed, if you catch my meaning. With the bathroom door shut and the Hengs fan on its lowest setting, I held the piece of paper the instructions were printed on down at the floor and it sucked that piece of 8.5x11" paper out of my hand and under the door into the bathroom. So I think that will work for what I need.

It does block out more light since there is more plastic housing covering up the opening. But it isn't dark in the bathroom by any means.

I honestly would have rather of had a large Maxair or Fantastic style fan installed from the factory. I am sure those are much better build quality than the Hengs fan and probably move more air with less noise. But I just didn't want to mess with the the roof sealant that would be required to replace the whole unit for as little as we the bathroom fan.

Hope that help

Billm321
              Thank you!
              2010 Tundra SR5 DC 5.7L
              2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE
              Andersen WDH
              Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension Kit
              2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
              2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid

Comment

Working...
              X