No announcement yet.

Television Signal Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just curious if anyone came to a conclusion on this? I don't have an issue with the two Maxxfans (Kitchen and rear bathroom) but the fan in the main bathroom (small fan mounted to the vent screen) makes some channels pixelate.
    Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
    2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
    2020 Momentum 351M
    2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Curtis,

I'll have to check with a friend at work to see if he has repaired his spectrum analyzer. This device was working last fall and gave up on us. If I remember correctly, we were not getting noise on the DC side.

The fan motors destroy my TV signal so it would be nice to get back to this.

I'm getting ready in the next couple days for Schwintek troubleshooting. Does this ever end? Lol.

Jim
      Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2020, 06:55 PM.

Comment

It was funny how we found out ours was doing the same thing. We were out with the trailer and my wife wanted to watch the news (she likes channel 7, I don't). She turned it to 7 and it was all pixelated, but most of our other channels were fine. Just thought it was our location. Later in the day I'm channel surfing on the tv in the garage and Home Improvement is on 7.3. Comes in clear as can be. It's fate!

She comes back from a walk with kids and a few minutes later, bam! Lost the channel. Ahh! It's HER! Then I start recalling the conversations on here. I yell, "Did you turn on the bathroom fan?" With an embarrassed tone in her voice, she responds, "Yes...why?" I yell back, "I figured out the tv problem." And yep, the bathroom fan was running earlier in the morning when she tried watching the news.
        Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
        2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
        2020 Momentum 351M
        2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

I see this has come to the surface again. Interesting that I temporarily installed an Inverter to check DC loads with the TV, Blue Ray and Antenna on to be sure the Inverter would be properly sized. Found that the noise from the fans on still destroys the TV signal.

Buddy picked up a new to him Spectral Analyzer so we will see if there is time for him to bring it over. Camper is going to a storage lot in Ohio.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X