Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waterproof surge protector to power cord connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waterproof surge protector to power cord connection?

We took our new 22MLE out for our inaugural outing last week. We bought a Hughs autotransformer surge protector + EPO after reading suggestions on this forum (Thanks).
    We had some rain and I was worried about the connection to the cord getting wet. What do you do to protect this connection? Any Ideas?
    Thanks
    ​​​​​​​
    Steve & Kathy
    2021 Imagine 22MLE
    2021 GMC 1500 4WD 5.7 ltr w/3.42 axle

Originally posted by RVOkie View Post
    We took our new 22MLE out for our inaugural outing last week. We bought a Hughs autotransformer surge protector + EPO after reading suggestions on this forum (Thanks).
    We had some rain and I was worried about the connection to the cord getting wet. What do you do to protect this connection? Any Ideas?
    Thanks
    In the past when using an extension cord I have placed a bucket over the connection with the connection laying up off of the ground on a block of wood. If the connection is larger you may be able to use a tote that would cover it , be sure that the connection is not laying in a low spot that would allow water to pool and cover the connection.

​​​​​​​Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by RVOkie View Post
      Thanks
      ​​​​​​​
      I make sure my cord connections are tight and are not laying in a spot that may fill up with water if it rains. I have thought about raising them up off the ground with wooden or plastic blocks but I have not done that. I have been in the rain several times and have not had a problem. I have also thought about covering them with plastic (as in garbage bag) but have not done that.

Anybody with other experience or suggestions please comment.

Bob
      Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
      2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

If we know that the forecast is calling for rain, I will hang my cord connections off the ground using a garden flag pole. We got flooded out on one trip and having the connections up off the ground about 20 inches or so using the flag poles saved us a lot of grief.
        Mark & Ellen
        2020 Reflection 337RLS
        2019 RAM 3500 Mega Cab SRW

Comment

Thanks for the ideas!
          Steve & Kathy
          2021 Imagine 22MLE
          2021 GMC 1500 4WD 5.7 ltr w/3.42 axle

Comment

Working...
          X