Imagine 2600rb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2600rb

I own a 2021 imagine 2600 RB. If I have looked at the breaker box correctly, the 2600 RB only has one 15 amp breaker for all the electrical plug-in accessories. With only 1 15 amp circuit, if you happen to use an electric skillet or griddle you will be using up almost all the amperage available. Has anyone run into this problem and are there any Other alternatives available to be able to use more plug-in appliances?

Originally posted by WWilmes View Post
    I own a 2021 imagine 2600 RB. If I have looked at the breaker box correctly, the 2600 RB only has one 15 amp breaker for all the electrical plug-in accessories. With only 1 15 amp circuit, if you happen to use an electric skillet or griddle you will be using up almost all the amperage available. Has anyone run into this problem and are there any Other alternatives available to be able to use more plug-in appliances?
    You've got 2ea GFCI receptacles near the sink in the kitchen. There's also an outlet on the GFCI near the door, and the bathroom and exterior 120v outlets are also on this circuit.

The "General Receptacles" breaker controls outlets near the refrigerator, bedroom, and table.

The other components (microwave, air conditioner, water heater and converter) should all have their own breaker and are single-purposed.

My 315RLTS, as originally wired by GD, is not that much different and in about 3 years of use I haven't had any issues. The DW uses an electric skillet (vs the propane stove), EasyPot, two coffee makers...the point is not everything at once, but without a lot of thought it's been fine.

Below is the OEM configuration of my unit (I mapped it myself) for reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Outlet to CB OEM.JPG
Views:	902
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	53830

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

WWilmes Welcome to the family and the forum! Our air fryer is on the outlet next to the stove and If I fire up the toaster or Keurig on the opposite slide it will pop the breaker, but I do use both Keurig and toaster at the same time. It is just trial and error backed up by 3X5 cards to get into the habit of what you can and can't run.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I have the same model and was concerned at first because my wife regularly uses an instapot. As already stated the microwave is on another circuit, so we haven’t had a problem yet. If this is causing you problems there is 2 spare locations in the panel for more circuit breakers. You could wire a new dedicated plug for the griddle to a new breaker in one of the spare locations. FYI, the plug in the slide out appears to be on a separate circuit but that doesn’t help for this problem.
        2021 Imagine 2600RB
        2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Diesel
        Hensley Hitch - eliminates sway!

Comment

Don't forget that you only have 30 amp service so if you try to to run too many things you are likely to trip the power at the pedestal.

Bob
          Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
          2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Comment

RJAPCOK makes a great point, in addition some of the loads are automated and can come on when you least expect it. An example is that when you are running the air conditioner along with your griddle, and your hot water usage causes the water heater to turn on it could easily put you over the 30 amp mains limit. I would make sure I was running off propane on the water heater, at least during the times you would normally have a problem. A little power management could go a long way.
            Last edited by Bwilkerson; 05-16-2021, 10:31 AM.
            2021 Imagine 2600RB
            2020 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali Diesel
            Hensley Hitch - eliminates sway!

Comment

Working...
            X