Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reflection 297 Electrical Supply Leg 1 versus Leg 2-which breaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reflection 297 Electrical Supply Leg 1 versus Leg 2-which breaker?

Hi guys,

I'm doing some solar work on my 2020 Grand Design Reflectin 297 RSTS. The inverter I purchased can only supply power to one leg of the trailer. I went with leg 1, which has most of the powered items in the trailer on that leg. I did just notice however that my electrical outlets at the coffee bar and in the bedroom are not receiving power.

Does anybody know how I might be able to get power to those outlets? Is there a way to switch them from leg 2 (where I am assuming they are connected to let 1). Importantly, does anybody know which of the breaker switches in the panel control the outlets above the coffee bar and which controls all the outlets in the bedroom? I've looked through the manual in the electrical section and saw no reference to my question. I also looked at the panel itself, but the panel was not labeled with anything that said bedroom or coffee bar outlets. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

Marco You will need to plug into 50A service and test each circuit individually. You may find that the coffee bar, bathroom, and bedroom are all on the same circuit.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

You more than likely have a breaker labeled "RECEPT" and one labeled "GFI". One will be on one leg and the other on leg 2. All the receptacles are in a string , meaning they are all tied together from each of those breakers. As mentioned plug into shore power and find what is powered with what breaker to be sure. You can move the wiring from one breaker to another , make sure there is no power when doing this even inverter needs shut off , then you can have all the things you need on the leg that the inverter is powering.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Ok thanks guys. I appreciate it. The electrician I was working with said he was hoping to have to go through breaker by breaker and test them all manually, but that seems to be what you are suggesting. I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the quick replies!

Comment

Working...
        X