Bathroom lighting modification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bathroom lighting modification

In my 320MKS the top bar for the shower blocks the main light and the bathroom is a bit dark so I added an LED light strip.
    Got everything I needed from ledsupply.com. Tapped into the existing 12V feed to the main ceiling light. The wire for the ceiling light was white with a black stripe on one conductor which was the 12V +.
    Drilled a hole through the aluminum channel to hide the wiring for a neat look.
    The aluminum channel came with a diffuser cover and mounting clips I screwed into the ceiling.
    Hardest part was getting the wiring through. Where I drilled was only about an inch below the AC duct work so it took several trys to get enough wire pushed in where I could reach it from the hole for the factory light fixture. One note is that the channel comes with end caps so the plastic cover is shorter than the channel. Fortunately I ordered one extra channel so I had enough of the diffuser for the entire run.
    Next project is to run strip lights in the pantry and closet.

Side note: Anyone know how to get a wiring diagram, I contacted the factory and all they could provide was a diagram of the main 12V distribution block.
    I plan on some other modifications and would like a wiring diagram of the main switch panel so I don't have to figure it out myself.

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	60.4 KB ID:	72885

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	64.4 KB ID:	72886

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	60.8 KB ID:	72887

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	65.1 KB ID:	72888

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	59.3 KB ID:	72889
    Last edited by howson; 12-23-2021, 06:56 PM.
    Shawn and Chrissy
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

dazcon5 -- clean mod, Shawn. I'll add it to the Modifications spreadsheet. I hope you don't mind that I embedded the pics in your post to make it easier to view them.

With regards to the schematic...none exist (really).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

dazcon5 If you don't mind, which parts did you order? I like the mod but don't see the channel on the website.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        dazcon5 If you don't mind, which parts did you order? I like the mod but don't see the channel on the website.
        Part number is PART #: LO-TRACK-xM https://www.ledsupply.com/led-heatsinks/led-strip-track

The web site is rather strange when it comes to accessories. I found it easier to use the search function to find things.
        The customer support is awesome, my last order I picked some clips for my next project and put Qty. 15.
        They emailed me about 15 minutes later asking if I needed 450 clips. The picture on the website showed a single clip but the description says bag of 15 clips very clearly.

Shawn and Chrissy
        2019 Reflection 320MKS

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          dazcon5 -- clean mod, Shawn. I'll add it to the Modifications spreadsheet. I hope you don't mind that I embedded the pics in your post to make it easier to view them.

With regards to the schematic...none exist (really).

Howard
          Please feel free to use the pictures. Makes it that much easier for the next human who has the same idea.
          Shawn and Chrissy
          2019 Reflection 320MKS

Comment

Very nice, I have been thinking of doing something similar to add light for the shower.
            2021 Reflection 278BH
            2002 GMC 2500HD

Comment

Working...
            X