Pantry lighting upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantry lighting upgrade

The single light in our pantry only lit the top shelf and shone in your eyes so I upgraded to LED strips down each side which was far easier that I thought.
    Once again I got everything I needed for LEDSupply.com. I was concerned that the existing motion detector circuit in the original light would get overloaded with that many additional LED's attached so I purchased a dedicated one.
    You can see in the ceiling shot the strips are not even. I did the left side and got too excited and forgot to measure for the right side and my eyecrometer was off that day.
    On the ceiling part I did use a few clips to back up the adhesive on the back of the strip and secure the barrel connectors. On the runs down the side I just stuck them on.
    The WAF for this mod was high, first time she opened the pantry she said "WOW I can see everything!".
    I used the waterproof strips just for toughness as I'm sure things will get banged up against them.
    Didn't want to use the aluminum channel this time as I wanted maximum light output.
    Last edited by howson; 01-01-2022, 04:54 PM.
    Shawn and Chrissy
    2019 Reflection 320MKS

dazcon5 Good looking install. If I do this, I might go with a door switch vs the motion sensor so the lights go off immediately vs the timed delay. I've also had the pantry light turn on when someone passes by? I guess the RV is haunted.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Shawn,
      Nice work! I intend to copy this approach for my own pantry, but have a switch for the light so will continue to use it for on/off.
      Chris
      2019 Solitude 3740BH
      2019 Chevy 3500HD Duramax SRW

Comment

I did something similar for the pantry (and many other cabinets/closets throughout the RV) I use LED licence plate lights and place them under the lip of the shelf above. I use a magnetic switch to turn these on and off with door opening. The switch goes on the door frame and the matching magnetic piece goes on the door. It takes a little bit of looking to find a switch that opens when the magnet engages (to turn off the light when the door is closed). Most of these types of switches are intended for alarm systems and work in the reverse.

Rob
        Attached Files
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X