Integrating my solar generator into my 5th wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating my solar generator into my 5th wheel

I am thinking I can lay this on its back up against the back wall of the front garage elevating it off the floor with a couple of 4x4’s to allow the fan to intake sufficient air flow over the inverter and still have access to all the inputs and outputs.I will strap it to the back wall at the studs to prevent it from moving around. I have the solar wiring to the roof and all the connectors. The solar goes in the middle plug on the third picture. I have 4 portable 200 watt panels I purchased with the generator that I will set up on the roof once set up so no one decides to walk off with them

I have a 30Amp 12 volt DC output shown on the left side of the first picture and I think I am going to do an A or B switch on the 12 volt connected to the in place 12 volt output from the house battery and shut off the converter at the house breaker panel. I can make a 120v adapter to plug in as an output of the inverter into the panel’s AC side with a switch preventing back feeding into the grid if plugged into shore power.

planning on purchasing a micro air soft start for the primary a/c and running it along with fridge.

ideas? Recommendations? Cautions? Things not to do? Your experience and expertise is desired.
    Last edited by Bob R; 01-09-2022, 08:25 AM.
    Bob & Beka Richards
    31MB Reflection - 2020
    Anderson Hitch
    ​​​​​​​F250 w/Godzilla and 10k tow package - 2022

The only info that I would have to share is that there are no studs on the back wall of the front storage, if this is where you mean to attach this, it is just a 3/8" thick piece of particle board.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you Brian, I am thinking I can create a brace as a part of the 4x4's then that goes from one brace to the other and then up into the bracing overhead to lock it in place. Your comments saved me at least 30 minutes on the job!

Do you have any ideas on the switch for the 12 volt or the 120v so I am changing sources instead of joining sources?
      Bob & Beka Richards
      31MB Reflection - 2020
      Anderson Hitch

Comment

This is what I have used for a 12 v battery disconnect Amazon.com: Kohree Battery Disconnect Switch, 12V-48V Battery Isolator Power Cut Off Master Switch Waterproof for RV, ATV, Car, Marine, Boat, AUTO, with 4 Mounting Bolts, 275 Amps, (On/Off) : Automotive

For the 120 v ac side a transfer switch would probably be best but I will let others with that knowledge help you.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I looked at that from the other active thread but it looks to only work to turn on or off rather than one or the other to provide the power, I know of a 'bank a' or 'bank b' or 'both' but I am searching for one that is just one bank or the other w/o the option for both... trying to make it so I cannot make a mistake and have both as lifep04 and lead acid don't mix...
          Bob & Beka Richards
          31MB Reflection - 2020
          Anderson Hitch

Comment

Bob R Bob, is this the type of switch you are looking for? https://www.bluesea.com/products/600...y_Switch_-_Red Also if you drill holes through the plate in the bottom floor, you could screw the 4x's down and use them for your anchor point.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you Joseph, I think that will work... appreciate it. yes on the 4x4's I am thinking I can put a hinge on the end of them and bold/screw a set of 2x4 pieces of wood up to the top of the garage and attach them to one of the structure braces up top.
              Bob & Beka Richards
              31MB Reflection - 2020
              Anderson Hitch

Comment

Working...
              X