Imagine 2670MK Television Lift won't Lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2670MK Television Lift won't Lift

The Imagine 2670MK TV is stored behind the fireplace. It lifts up out of the cabinet from an "Up/Down Switch". Up until tonight, it worked just fine. We have not tried to use the TV since last October. We looked for a tripped GFI and did not find one. All other electrical items in the TT, including the TV itself, seems to be working fine. Any ideas or suggestions? Also, we are on the very beginning of our trip and not at our home; any suggestions on how to get assistance? As always, I appreciate the GD Forum responses very much.

Regards,

DaveL
    Imagine 2670MK
    Platinum F150 3.5V Liter EcoBoost
    Grand Rapids, MI

DaveL
    Imagine 2670MK TT
    F-150 Platinum 3.5L - EcoBoost
    Grand Rapids, MI

Hahaha....well now I know the Signature works!
    DaveL
    Imagine 2670MK TT
    Grand Rapids, MI

Comment

dmlconcord

I am just guessing here but the televator may be 12 v dc powered. You may want to pull the switch and see if there is power to the switch and check the fuses in the power distribution panel.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by dmlconcord View Post
        The Imagine 2670MK TV is stored behind the fireplace. It lifts up out of the cabinet from an "Up/Down Switch". Up until tonight, it worked just fine. We have not tried to use the TV since last October. We looked for a tripped GFI and did not find one. All other electrical items in the TT, including the TV itself, seems to be working fine. Any ideas or suggestions? Also, we are on the very beginning of our trip and not at our home; any suggestions on how to get assistance? As always, I appreciate the GD Forum responses very much.

Regards,

DaveL
        Imagine 2670MK
        Platinum F150 3.5V Liter EcoBoost
        Grand Rapids, MI
        The lift is like a miniature Schwintek slide and, just like the Schwintek, the TV Lift is made by Lippert. Online info for the lift is here: https://support.lci1.com/tv-lift

You can contact LCI Customer Support for assistance using any method found here: https://support.lci1.com/contact

As Brian suggested, first thing to look for is lack of 12V power to (and from) the switch. It could also be as simple as a connector on the Lift Receiver is loose.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hall.JPG Views:	0 Size:	60.7 KB ID:	74247

Please let us know what fixes the issue.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had the same problem not to long ago and found that the wires behind the switch had come loose. The shroud on the face of the switch snaps off. The switch is held in place by two screws. On the back of the switch is a quick connector with several wires.The challenge will be finding the connector without your TV in the up position. You may need to remove the radio to gain adequate access. Maybe with a little luck you can fish it through the switch hole.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1204.jpg Views:	0 Size:	59.7 KB ID:	74303
          Attached Files
          Last edited by humunuku; 01-12-2022, 04:38 PM.
          Al & Ann
          F150 with Max Tow Pkg.
          Imagine 2670MK (2021)

Comment

Thanks Howson and Humunuku! We at the very start of a 3 month trip so I will get to both of your suggestions; time permitted. We don't watch a whole lot of TV anyway. I'll probably do this on a rainy day when I'm going stir crazy in this TT. I really appreciate you suggestions. This forum is awesome!
            DaveL
            Imagine 2670MK TT
            Grand Rapids, MI

Comment

Al, I got some time today to review what you wrote and it was just like you said. I removed the shroud on the face of the switch with a flat screwdriver. Then took off the two screws from the switch. The switch was completely off the "quick connector". I fished for the female "quick connector" and could not find it; but for those reading this that have the same issue, spend a little more time looking for it, it should be there and should have enough room for you to pull it threw the hole to reattach it to the switch. I ended up unscrewing the hex nuts from the radio and pulled it out where I easily found the quick connector. Once I plugged it in, the televator worked.

However, initially the radio would not power back on; which is why I should have spent more time fishing out the quick connector from the side hole. I did see a blue 12V wire from the radio that was not attached to anything. I was trying to figure out where it should go when the radio suddenly started working. Very strange, but for now, I have a working Radio, Televator and TV. Life is good; let's what happens after going down these bumpy Louisiana roads! Thanks again Al and Howard!!

Wife and I are having a blast on our first big journey!! Cold; but fun!

DaveL
              Imagine 2670MK TT
              Grand Rapids, MI

Comment

Dave,

Lightly squeeze the female spade connector shut to put a little more hold to it, a pair of pliers will work, but just don't squeeze it all the way shut. I have found that some of connectors were not holding very well.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                X