No announcement yet.

Adding LED Strip Lighting to the rear slide under the awning- Imagine 2970RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding LED Strip Lighting to the rear slide under the awning- Imagine 2970RL

Looking for advice/suggestions for adding LED light strip to the rear slide on a 2021 - Imagine 2970RL. I am thinking that I could probably get power from the rear awning that I was planning on mounting it under, but needed help on routing the wiring to the control panel just inside the door- was going to put a dimmer in the extra switch plate on the control panel. Curious how others have handled the wire under the slide where it opens and closes (just leave slack under the cloroplast or other possibilities).

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Eddie & Kathy
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
    Houston, TX

There should already be a wire loom, or group of wires , that are tied up under the slide that you could tape your new wires to so they are tied up in the same position. You will then have to get the new wires above the coroplast and up into the RV where the control panel is, that will be fun for sure. Please post some pics as you go as this surely would help others.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I don't have my 2970RL yet. But my research suggests there is an existing hole in the heater area. I will lower cloroplast a bolt or 2, just enough to get pushrods thru. It will go from slide wire loom area over to under the heater. With any luck, I can somehow reach thru heater hole and grab the string attached to end of rod and pull thru. Now use that string as dragline to pull the wire thru from heater side. Now pull out enough to route thru the existing loom. This gets the wire in position on either end. Now trace the wire from awning motor back thru slide to see how it routes to underneath. This will be a challenge, but I think its worth trying.

Originally posted by Ebkent62 View Post
      Looking for advice/suggestions for adding LED light strip to the rear slide on a 2021 - Imagine 2970RL. I am thinking that I could probably get power from the rear awning that I was planning on mounting it under, but needed help on routing the wiring to the control panel just inside the door- was going to put a dimmer in the extra switch plate on the control panel. Curious how others have handled the wire under the slide where it opens and closes (just leave slack under the cloroplast or other possibilities).

Thanks in advance for any help!
      2022 GD 2970RL (Built Dec 2021, Deliver March 2022)
      2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear
      2017 GD 2600rb (Private sale May 2022)
      2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)

Comment

Working...
      X