Surg Protectors for 2020 GD Transcend 31rlk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surg Protectors for 2020 GD Transcend 31rlk

I have a 2020 gd transcend 31rlk with washer and dryer, What is the best surg prrtector for this travel trailer? Recommend two if applicable.

They are MUCH more than "surge protectors." An EMS (electrical management system) protects against over- and under-voltage conditions, as well as all manner of polarity and grounding problems. Progressive Industries makes hard-wired (installed inside the trailer) and portable (plug in at the pedestal) versions in both 30 and 50 amp capacities and are probably the most popular. You can find them on Amazon or at any RV parts outlet. Search for "Progressive Industries EMS."

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by PCM View Post
      I have a 2020 gd transcend 31rlk with washer and dryer, What is the best surg prrtector for this travel trailer? Recommend two if applicable.
      I too like buying "the best" that I can afford. Buy once, minimize regret and re-buying, save money.

The one I have seems - based on people here and in another forum talking about it - to be the most popular and you don't find many people complaining about it. I'm very pleased with it. You only need one, installed in your utility area near where shore power enters your trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/Progressive-I...4438025&sr=8-1

The unit includes a monitor that reports the conditions it's seeing. FYI, I first planned to install this inside the trailer but it was too difficult so I put it in the utility area where everything gets hooked up. I'm now very glad to have it there so I can watch it for problems when we first hook up.

Good luck with your choice and your installation.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Thanks for each reply, I purchased the Progressive EMS HW50c. on Amazon, two day delivery

Perry
        PCM, Perry & Cindy

Comment

My recommendation is the Surge Guard 34951. The Progressive industries plug in will not see faults in the trailer, only power at the pedestal. The progressive hard wired version will see problems at the trailer end, BUT if you have major surge event, that is happening inside your trailer OR if there is a mechanical fault with the device, you have to rewire to bypass it.

The Surge Guard 34951 plug in model will see problems at the pedestal AND at the trailer. You also get the advantage if there is a major surge event it does NOT happen inside the trailer OR if there is a mechanical failure with the device you simply unplug it and take it out of the loop.
          Curtis, Christine, Cole, and Charlotte
          2007 Chevrolet Silverado Duramax LBZ, CCLB
          2020 Momentum 351M
          2004 Essex Vortex

Comment

Working...
          X