PIP2724 Thoughts for 2400BH Solar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIP2724 Thoughts for 2400BH Solar

As I get closer to picking up my new 2022 2400BH, I am exploring and researching all options to install an upgraded solar system. I would like to go Lithium and be able to Boondock on occasion here in the Pacific Northwest. There are plenty of cloudy days however and running a small generator at times would be necessary.

As a beginner to all of this, I am a bit intimidated installing all the components and tying it all together properly to the AC/DC buses on board. This seems like an easier solution but would really like to hear your experiences/inputs on this particular idea/route of installation. What would your Pro's and Con's be? I appreciate all your inputs!

The PIP2724 appears really a simple setup and I realize it may not be as powerful as a Victron Multiplus but it's a lot cheaper and easier to install.

Check out Will Prowse's video of it below, it's intriguing none the less...

2022 2400BH

jaredpilot

This is interesting for sure. The model tested was 24 v input, not sure if was 12 v output or not, this would have to be 12 v to operate items in the RV. The 12 v model is not as powerful on the inverter side. I would also wonder if it would take the rigors of traveling down the road in an RV. Definitely has my interest peaked, at 1/2 the price of Victron might be worth it for me as much as I would use one. Another note I am one of those guys that like separate items, easier to replace if one fails. On the Multiplus or even the one you have listed I always wonder if one thing fails does the rest still work or does the whole thing become a boat anchor.

Brian
    Last edited by Country Campers; 02-17-2022, 12:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X