Momentum 21G Generator wiring location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum 21G Generator wiring location

I have a 2022 Momentum 21G that has the generator prep, and I am installing the generator in it. I need to hook up the generator wires to the automatic transfer switch. It looks like it has already been wired at the ATS behind the fuse panel, but I am not able to find where the wires lead to so I can connect the generator. Does anyone know where the orange cable terminates?

Thanks!

NickinCO ? rvoelker ? acoleman43 ? Can you help this fellow 21G owner?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My rig is currently at the dealer receiving a couple warranty repair items and not sure when I will get it back.

A couple pictures pointing out what you are referring to might trigger a recollection.
      Rich and Kathy
      2022 Momentum 21G
      Camping, boondocking and Vintage Moto-X in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

Here is the wiring behind the fuse panel. The silver box is the automatic transfer switch. There are three orange romex cables connected to it. The top left one feeds the fuse panel, and the other two are the inputs, one from shore power, and the other I am pretty sure is for the generator.

Both of these romex cables go into the space behind the exterior storage where the solar controller is, and then disappear into the floor. I'm trying to figure out where the generator one ends up so I can wire it in, but I can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Comment

thedecline that's a good question. Mine came with the generator so I didn't have to find it

But a few months back I did take off the base of the bed (4 or 5 screws removes it) and saw the orange romex generator cable under there. You may want to look there.

Just curious, does your control center have the generator start button pre-wired?
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

I scrounged these wiring diagrams from somewhere. Maybe helpful?

Note: Removed proprietary GD drawings. Per GD's direction they are not to be posted on a social media site. Sent OP a PM. -Howard (Moderator)

------
            My Bad. Apologies and won't happen again...
            RV
            Last edited by rvoelker; 02-26-2022, 08:16 PM.
            Rich and Kathy
            2022 Momentum 21G
            Camping, boondocking and Vintage Moto-X in the Rocky Mountains

Comment

Mine also came with the generator so I am no help. We have a bunch of snow right now as well.
              2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
              2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
              x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Bullseye, it was under the bed! And yes, I do have the generator start button pre-wired to the control center. Thanks!

Comment

The pictures did not show up, I hope you can fix that as it sure will be nice to know what and where to look.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

How about now?

Comment

Originally posted by thedecline View Post
                      Bullseye, it was under the bed! And yes, I do have the generator start button pre-wired to the control center. Thanks!​
                      Very nice! And the generator box is already insulated. Is the fuel line pre-installed as well?
                      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Yes, the fuel lines were already installed in the generator compartment. There was also the cutouts in the bottom of the compartment for the exhaust and to drain the oil. All I needed to do was cut out the lvp flooring at those two spots.

I'm not quite finished yet, but from what I can tell, it looks like all you need to do is the following:
                        • Cut out the lvp flooring at those two spots with a utility knife
                        • Connect the two fuel lines (fuel and purge line)
                        • Install the generator in the space (hardest part, but was not bad with two people and a table set up next to the compartment to rest the generator while connecting the fuel lines)
                        • Connect the remote switch harness (already in the generator compartment)
                        • Connect the AC output lines to the orange romex in the false space under the bed (use the same pathway as the remote switch wires)
                        • Connect the exhaust (Need two parts here. A 12 inch Cummins Onan 155-2850 Exhaust Tube to get below floor level, and a Cummins Onan 155-2845 - Tail Pipe Kit RV to extend it out the side)
                        • Connect the generator to the battery for starting
                        • Bolt it to the floor
                        All in all not that hard of a project so far, and definitely worth the time and energy to do this compared to what the dealer wanted to install ($6,500). I am about $4,000 all in with the generator and parts.

Comment

Hi, new here and hope all my signature shows up, but just purchased a 21G myself and ordering the Onan 4.0 Jenny myself. Just to be clear, did you say you had to wire the AC output to the box under the slide out and behind the Nautilus water system AND wire the 12VDC power direct to the batteries for starting purposes? Thanks for all your help! Oh, Gen Prep installed from factory so it appears I have the same install.
                          Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
                          In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
                          Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Originally posted by GreggGDMomentum View Post
                            Hi, new here and hope all my signature shows up, but just purchased a 21G myself and ordering the Onan 4.0 Jenny myself. Just to be clear, did you say you had to wire the AC output to the box under the slide out and behind the Nautilus water system AND wire the 12VDC power direct to the batteries for starting purposes? Thanks for all your help! Oh, Gen Prep installed from factory so it appears I have the same install.
                            Hi Gregg--I can't answer your question but have a forum usage tip for you. "Tag" the person you're writing to, like this: GreggGDMomentum or use the QUOTE feature (like I just did) so the individual gets a notification (like you just did).

The Welcome Letter has a lot of additional usage tips so you get the most from your time here.

Howard
                            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks howson let's just say I'm socially computer illiterate, but working on it. Heck my wife was proud when I told her I actually made a social account somewhere lol.
                              Current: 22" Momentum 381MS, 2020 F350 Dually 6.7 diesel, 4.10 rear 32k Reese 5th wheel hitch
                              In the past: 22' Momentum 21G, 21' F150 XLT Screw 5.0 w 3.73, Andersen Hitch
                              Q7 Diesel, 22" Ozark THX 1900. 11' F350 Crew, King Ranch, 8' bed, dully, 08' Weekend Warrior LED 3505 triple axle 5th wheel. 04' F250 diesel, 05' Keystone tailgater with old Reese WD hitch, no sway control

Comment

Working...
                              X