Interior Bed slide lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior Bed slide lights

Both of my lights went out at the same time, where are fuses located and how do I get to them?

The year and model of your RV would be most helpful.
    2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
    2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Fireeyes View Post
      Both of my lights went out at the same time, where are fuses located and how do I get to them?
      I can't help you with location of your fuse panel, but would encourage you to check into why the fuse might have blown (if it did) or if something else has happened. Not saying you shouldn't find the fuse first, but if it is blown there is probably a reason for it.

Connections at a switch are a candidate for trouble, as is the wiring inside the overhead cabinet or valance holding the lights. Pulling the switch and/or the lights may be in your future.

In our bedroom slide, maybe like yours, the wiring to supply the lights in the movable slide isn't complicated or sophisticated. On ours wire comes up through the floor near one side just under the slide and a large loop of excess wire lies on the floor under the slide (easily seen when the slide is retracted). The loop extends / opens when the slide is closed and folds back in as the slide moves out. If it gets pinched that could be a problem but more often problems are with connections, see above.

Good luck.
      Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Thank you for your ideas. It gives me a starting point. It is on a 2019 Reflection 337RLS

Comment

On a Reflection 337, the lights are over the bed mounted directly in the slide ceiling. The 12 volt fuses are in your main electrical panel in the end of the hutch right by the door. Open the panel cover - you will see the 110 volt circuit breakers all lined up and, on the left, you'll see a smaller vertical area with the 12 volt fuses. There should be a label telling you which fuse is for what. boyscout was right, though. If the fuse is blown, you need to find out why. The wiring to those lights runs under the bed before going up inside the slide wall to the slide ceiling. Since all this moves any time you move the slide in and out, there's a potential for pinching or chafing.

Rob
          Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
          X