2020 Reflection 260RD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Reflection 260RD

Where is the converter for this model located. I read about the potential to blow the converter fuse and had two needs: 1. where is the converter and 2. what fuse type does it take? Thanks

Originally posted by Terry View Post
    Where is the converter for this model located. I read about the potential to blow the converter fuse and had two needs: 1. where is the converter and 2. what fuse type does it take? Thanks
    First--welcome to the forum, Terry.

Your converter is behind the distribution panel/fuse block that is underneath the microwave.

At the top of this page note the Parts Lookup link to the GD website:

Click image for larger version

Name:	menu bar.JPG
Views:	810
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	8553

I looked at your particular trailer's electrical parts and it shows it's the 55A WFCO version. The manual is available here: https://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-conte...ors-Manual.pdf

It is my understanding that the only time the Converter fuses blow is if the battery is inadvertently connected backwards. From the linked manual:

Name:	fuse.JPG
Views:	668
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	8554

-Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I was given a direct phone line to Littelfuse who never returned my call. I was trying to get a spare fuse to add to my tool box. We have been towing travel trailers or fifth wheels for over 40 years and one thing I learned..if it can go bad it may do so. ) The parts look up does not provide a part number for the fuse. One individual said it took two 35 amp blade fuses, same as the auto fuse. I need to get the model number off the converter or try to eye ball what fuse(s) are on it. GD referred me to Littelfuse. Now that I know where to look, let me get a model number and the fuse(s) currently in place. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I have also been trying to get an extra fuse for the auto level 3.0 system..which is provided by Littlefuse (the control panel). Don't want to have to buy a complete control panel. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
        I was given a direct phone line to Littelfuse who never returned my call. I was trying to get a spare fuse to add to my tool box. We have been towing travel trailers or fifth wheels for over 40 years and one thing I learned..if it can go bad it may do so. ) The parts look up does not provide a part number for the fuse. One individual said it took two 35 amp blade fuses, same as the auto fuse. I need to get the model number off the converter or try to eye ball what fuse(s) are on it. GD referred me to Littelfuse. Now that I know where to look, let me get a model number and the fuse(s) currently in place. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. I have also been trying to get an extra fuse for the auto level 3.0 system..which is provided by Littlefuse (the control panel). Don't want to have to buy a complete control panel. Thanks again!
        Glad to help. Below is what mine looked like--note the sticker says they are 35A fuses:

Name:	WFCO.JPG
Views:	824
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	8574
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes the converter fuses use the ATO / ATC fuses for the reverse protection.
          Littelfuse ATO https://www.littelfuse.com/products/...fuses/ato.aspx
          Bussmann ATC http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...matcmaxid.html
          http://www.cooperindustries.com/cont...s-2009-atc.pdf
          Gene and Kim
          2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
          2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Working...
          X