TV powers on by itself. I think its haunted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV powers on by itself. I think its haunted

I have a 2021 25rl that came with a Roku TV in the living room area. When I plug the camper in the TV comes on automatically. Yikes!!! Scared the bajebies out of me in my driveway at midnight. I just keep it unplugged but that's a serious power surge.

You just need to go into settings and reset back to factory and then when you go through the setup again choose use for home versus store. This is a very common problem. You will need to setup any apps you've loaded but it's a small price to pay.
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Gdcamper View Post
      I have a 2021 25rl that came with a Roku TV in the living room area. When I plug the camper in the TV comes on automatically. Yikes!!! Scared the bajebies out of me in my driveway at midnight. I just keep it unplugged but that's a serious power surge.
      Try the following shared by a number of other forum users here and elsewhere:

Dan

"The issue is TVs sometimes get shipped in “Store” mode. Meaning, if it were displayed on a showroom floor, you flick the power and all the TVs come on. No need to turn on each TV individually.

So to fix this, you have to go into the Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings and do a Factory Reset. There are two reset options. I did the full reset and it worked. You have to start from scratch with your settings, so it’s a bit of a hassle but only takes a few minutes. Maybe the other reset option would work, but it appears that it only resets picture and channel settings.

When the reset gets going and reboots the TV, you will want to choose the Home use option. From there just follow the on screen guided setup. Note, if you have a lot of custom settings, you may want to take some pictures of your Settings menu screens before starting the reset. Once configured, you will see in the Settings Menu that there is now an option for Power. Nothing you really need to do there unless you want, as simply getting it out of Store mode and into Home mode solves the auto power-on issue".
      Dan & Carol
      2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
      2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Thanks for the help! We have a new 2022 Reflection 337rls that also had this issue.

Comment

I’m glad I finally found this thread. I’ve been trying to figure out why the tv comes on the minute power is applied.
          Cameron and Wendy, plus Artemis
          2022 Imagine 2670MK
          2022 Ram 2500

Comment

My TCL Roku TV was one of the most gawd awful, frustrating TVs that I've ever seen. I fixed my issues by throwing it into a dumpster and replacing it with a Samsung.
            Mike and (RIP Karen)
            2021 2600RB
            2011 Tundra 5.7 DC

Comment

do the 2023 grand design tv's only work when connected to %0 amp??? my TV will only turn on when connected to 50 amp . Why???

Comment

mini

If you provide information on the Grand Design model that you have, we can help you further. All TVs operate on 120V. Either shorepower or an inverter, if your trailer has one.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Try the following shared by a number of other forum users here and elsewhere:

Dan

"The issue is TVs sometimes get shipped in “Store” mode. Meaning, if it were displayed on a showroom floor, you flick the power and all the TVs come on. No need to turn on each TV individually.

So to fix this, you have to go into the Settings menu, go to Advanced Settings and do a Factory Reset. There are two reset options. I did the full reset and it worked. You have to start from scratch with your settings, so it’s a bit of a hassle but only takes a few minutes. Maybe the other reset option would work, but it appears that it only resets picture and channel settings.

When the reset gets going and reboots the TV, you will want to choose the Home use option. From there just follow the on screen guided setup. Note, if you have a lot of custom settings, you may want to take some pictures of your Settings menu screens before starting the reset. Once configured, you will see in the Settings Menu that there is now an option for Power. Nothing you really need to do there unless you want, as simply getting it out of Store mode and into Home mode solves the auto power-on issue".
                  Exactly correct! I had a couple wonky things happening with my Roku TV; the factory reset did the trick. Thanks!
                  2023 337RLS (pickup next week)
                  2017 RAM 3500 SRW Limited
                  Our 11th RV (last?)

Comment

Working...
                  X