Dometic DM2882 Fridge not staying cold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
    Those rapid swings when opening the door may indicate a measurement problem. How are you actually measuring the temperature inside the refrigerator? According to the U.S. Department of Agriculture, you want to keep your food at 40°F and not let it exceed this temperature for more than two hours.

One way to verify that your food is staying at a safe and stable temperature is to measure the interior temperature of the food. I did some experimenting where I found an ideal way to measure the food temp over time.

Use an instant read thermometer with a sharp probe. place the probe tip in the center of a stick of margarine or butter. Place the butter in the center back of the refrigerator and let it stabilize for several hours. Now take a reading. If the interior of the butter remains below 40°F, you're fine. If not, then more work is needed.

JIm

Jim
    Good idea. I still question how many RV'ers actually monitor the temps inside their refrigerators. Those of us with absorption type fridges know how vulnerable they are to running in the 40-50 degree range on a hot day, especially coupled with folks consonantly opening the doors to stare inside the fridge. Many of us constantly watch the temps, and then modify with all kinds of fans to improve the cooling. Most don't!

Think about all the folks that don't have a clue about how inefficient these fridges are. There is no telling what temps they are cooling their foods at, yet we never seem to hear of anyone getting sick. Makes you wonder.
    2020 Reflection 273MK
    2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Working...
    X