Outside Lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside Lighting

We have a 2021 Imagine, 2400 Bh. We purchased it from an individual who had bought it, then they decided they didn’t like RVing. They only had it a few months before we purchased it from them. I thought the led lights on the front were blue when we took it out camping the first time. Now they are bright white. Am I crazy?! Have they always been white? There was an aura remote in the camper when we bought it. It shows all the colors on it for changing light strips. It doesn’t do anything, not even sure what it goes with. The lights under the canopy are white, as well as the ones on the front. Does the remote come with the new Grand Designs, and can we change the color of the lighting?

I’m not familiar with your unit, and mine is a 2019. I can say that the lights under the nose of my fifth-wheel are white, as are the awning lights. I have additional lights under the bedroom slideout, as it sits higher than head height. Those are blue, and not so bright that I can’t leave them on all night if I needed to.

Welcome to the forum.
    Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
    Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
    2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
    Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
    Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Laurie View Post
      We have a 2021 Imagine, 2400 Bh. We purchased it from an individual who had bought it, then they decided they didn’t like RVing. They only had it a few months before we purchased it from them. I thought the led lights on the front were blue when we took it out camping the first time. Now they are bright white. Am I crazy?! Have they always been white? There was an aura remote in the camper when we bought it. It shows all the colors on it for changing light strips. It doesn’t do anything, not even sure what it goes with. The lights under the canopy are white, as well as the ones on the front. Does the remote come with the new Grand Designs, and can we change the color of the lighting?
      Welcome to the forum, and I'm sure you'll love your 2400BH. The floorplan for us is awesome and we love camping in it. Anyways, to answer your question if your are nuts, I don't think you are . Well, that's assuming that your 2021 has the same lighting as our 2019. On ours, the awning and front nose lights are white and have no color changing abilities. For the remote, maybe the previous owner installed some under cabinet lighting? Just a thought.

Again, welcome!
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

So some GD owners have a 5 gallon bucket with a remote light inside that changes color, I wonder if that remote was used for that? Can you post a picture of the remote? Did you contact the previous owner to ask about the remote?

I believe that the Momentums are the only ones with color changing lights.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you for replying. I am still trying to navigate this forum. I am adding a picture of the remote. I also have lighting across our entertainment couch(or whatever they call it), but it doesn’t change those lights either. If the previous owners added some lighting, I haven’t found it.
          I love this forum. It has helped us so much since buying our Grand Design . Since we purchased from an individual, we didn’t have all the teaching that comes with buying an RV at a dealership. I read the manual cover to cover, but it still leaves a lot of unanswered questions. This forum saved us several times. Thanks!!

Comment

We have a 2022 Imagine 3100RD. All exterior LEDs are white with no color change option. There are no under coach LEDs either.
            2022 3100RD
            2019 F-150 V6 Twin Turbo 10 speed
            Over 55 years TT towing

Comment

Laurie

That remote looks fairly standard with a lot of LED lighting products, including the ones on the toys my kids have... translation, that remote could almost be for anything.

My guess at this point for your situation is either the previous owner installed additional LED strip lighting and the driver is hidden in a cabinet somewhere, or the remote is for some other device they own and forgot to remove it when selling the trailer. I would be tempted to send them a quick note asking about it.
              2019 Imagine 2400BH
              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
              X