Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple solar charging setup. No Inverter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple solar charging setup. No Inverter.

Good afternoon. I have purchased a 200-watt solar charging kit to add to my 2021 Imagine 2800BH. I have the roof-mounted quick connectors, but I'm not sure where these go. Are they connected right to the batteries? I am not looking to run AC power; I am simply trying to add supplemental charging to the 2 batteries that came with the trailer. My kit came with a charge controller, which I need to hook up. Does anyone know where the roof wires terminate? Where is the ideal location to install the controller?

The roof wires should be located behind the water panel or on the ceiling in the area of your pass thru. I would locate the controller at those wires and then run wires to your battery. What package did you get, this may help us guide you in your set up.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by PapaGreek View Post
      Good afternoon. I have purchased a 200-watt solar charging kit to add to my 2021 Imagine 2800BH. I have the roof-mounted quick connectors, but I'm not sure where these go. Are they connected right to the batteries? I am not looking to run AC power; I am simply trying to add supplemental charging to the 2 batteries that came with the trailer. My kit came with a charge controller, which I need to hook up. Does anyone know where the roof wires terminate? Where is the ideal location to install the controller?
      Your setup (when finished) should be like this: Solar panels to solar charge controller, solar charge controller to batteries.

So, if you have the roof mounted quick connectors, I'm assuming the wires from the roof mounted quick connect end up in your front pass through (as mentioned above). When you find those, connect them to your solar charge controller. Then you connect properly sized wires/cables from the solar charge controller to the batteries.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
      X