Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cut wire sticking out the back

Hello

I noticed this a while ago, but kept tucking it back above the coroplast. Finally I decided to make a photo and ask what it is:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20221010_161424.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	97597

It seems like the place where the turn/brake signal wires might be, but the lights work fine. In fact I am not aware of any electrical problems. Could this be just a leftover offcut? Should I try to pull on it to see if it all comes out?

As far as I can tell there's no voltage on either wire, but I'm not completely sure since the ends are so badly corroded.

Thanks in advance.
    2021 Transcend 247BH

Those may be wires for back up lights but that is just a guess. GD has only recently started putting back up lights on the larger fifth wheels. If you could remove a few screws holding the under belly up you may get a look at the rest of the wires. I would not pull it out it may be fairly long. You could snip a half inch off and check when the trailer lights are on to make sure there is no voltage there, if there is none and everything is in working order tuck it back in and forget it, if there is voltage there and everything works I would cover the ends.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X