12V Refer fuse, but have residential Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12V Refer fuse, but have residential Refrigerator

The 15 amp fuse in the "Refer" position on the fuse panel keeps blowing. The issue is, the 2021 Momentum 395MS-R has a residential refrigerator. What could this fuse be going to, I can not find anything that stops working when it is blown. The wire color is White/Brown, comes out of the fuse box, goes up in between the wall into the ceiling.

Originally posted by Ktn1966 View Post
    The 15 amp fuse in the "Refer" position on the fuse panel keeps blowing. The issue is, the 2021 Momentum 395MS-R has a residential refrigerator. What could this fuse be going to, I can not find anything that stops working when it is blown. The wire color is White/Brown, comes out of the fuse box, goes up in between the wall into the ceiling.
    Just a guess, but the wire could be there "just in case" to accommodate a 12v refrigerator should it be necessary to install during production. Again, just a guess, but the wire should terminate behind the refrigerator. Perhaps a wire nut came off and the hot side is shorting to ground.

If nothing else is powered by the fuse, maybe the answer is as easy as leave it out? I'd post a "sticky" or something on the inside of the panel to remind myself (or others) of the issue. When (if) the residential refrigerator is pulled out for some reason then investigate further?

Speculation on my part...could be wrong.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I was thinking that as well, and it is pulling 17 amps stay so I do believe it could be a loose wire grounding. I don't mind leaving it out, just wished I knew of it went to Anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktn1966 View Post
        I was thinking that as well, and it is pulling 17 amps stay so I do believe it could be a loose wire grounding. I don't mind leaving it out, just wished I knew of it went to Anything.
        Might be worth a call to Grand Design Customer Service and inquire about the circuit. I wouldn't be able to leave it alone (I'd have to find it) so completely understand your response.

Please do the forum the favor of reporting back what you find out should you pursue this further. The power of an owners forum is sharing information.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X