No announcement yet.

Suburban furnace wiring direct to thermostat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideally the OP needs an old school "DUMB" thermostat. Bimetal Mercury switch type.

https://www.amazon.com/Suburban-1611...13318565&psc=1

Digital thermostats are nice, but when push comes to jump, technology does not play nice. Parents original MH had a very simple thermostat for the furnace (ac controls were on the unit). When at min temp it actually switched OFF vs just the low temp. Fast forward 40 years and now we have digital thermostats to run everything from one location.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

kleinisrad

Sorry, I could not find any specific information.

Did you buy the Houghton from RecPro? If so, give them a call and ask for specific instructions on installing the Houghton when replacing a Furrion unit. Most likely, as suggested by others in this thread, the answer will be replacing the thermostat.

Which specific Houghton model did you buy and install? Did you do this yourself or have it installed by someone else?

Please stop back and report on the resolution.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hello Howson. I installed the Houghton 15k ducted AC in my 2021 GD Imagine 2500RL replacing the Furrion. The Houghton is a stand alone AC with it's own heat and DOES NOT connect to the Furrion thermostat or require any special wiring. You keep the original controller in ceiling but do not need to feed 120VAC to controller since that originally fed power to the Furrion AC. Just use the supplied Romex 120VAC for the new Houghton AC. The reason I got the E2 code is because I didn't connect the Freeze/Evap sensor. I didn't think I needed it since it went with the Furrion AC. Now my Tstat only controls the Suburban furnace as I hoped...

Comment

FYI, the Houghton uses a remote control for operation.

Comment

Working...
          X