Cleaned internal and external AC coils and now unit doesn’t cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaned internal and external AC coils and now unit doesn’t cool

I cleaned the internal and external coils on my rear AC unit (Coleman Mach 15k) and now the unit doesn’t cool. Appreciate any ideas on where to start. Fan runs but doesn’t sound like the compressor is starting with the thermostat on Hi, Lo, Hi Auto, or Low Auto.
    Eddie & Kathy
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
    Houston, TX

Have you checked all of the wiring on the top side where you were cleaning? Maybe one got dislodged. Did you get any water in the controller box on the side, small metal cover that has some wiring and also 2 large capacitors, please do not touch those if they are charged.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Do a search on the forum, I vaguely remember someone else had the issue and found that they bumped one of the wires when doing the cleaning. The wire was not disconnected but moved just enough that the compressor would not start.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Checked all of the wiring and everything was in place. Didn’t get any water on the internal AC coil.
        Eddie & Kathy
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        Houston, TX

Comment

This ended up being one end of my 110v extension chord being fried. Replaced the end and no issue. Was looking for a more complicated issue and didn’t troubleshoot the basics.
          Eddie & Kathy
          2021 Imagine 2970RL
          Houston, TX

Comment

This was actually a weird situation because the 13k btu unit compressor would kick in running alone, but the compressor on the 15k btu unit would not run on the extension cord when running alone. Just enough of the stranded wire on the extension cord wasn’t burnt up to allow the 13k, but not the 15k unit. Replaced the extension cord end and no more issue.
            Eddie & Kathy
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            Houston, TX

Comment

I would not run a trailer AC on a 120v extension cord.
              2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
              2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Working...
              X