EasyStart Install in Furrion A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EasyStart Install in Furrion A/C

I installed a model 364 yesterday and wanted to show a few pics for others who might find it useful.

Upon removing the cover, I found that the capacitor box was simply lying in the open area, not mounted to anything (RV's...). I also noticed that there was no good place to mount/attach the EasyStart.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 1.jpg
Views:	1352
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	114654

Capacitor box cover removed:

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 2.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	114655

In order to positively identify the wires from the compressor, I slit and removed this black sleeve which contained also a wire bundle from a fan:

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 3.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	114656

Now I could clearly identify the compressor wires.:

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 4.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	114657

Next I stuffed the wires from the EasyStart into the cap box:

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 5.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	247.4 KB
ID:	114658

continued...
    Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

Part 2:

Next I removed the cap from the box:

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 6.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	114660

I connected the four wires as noted in the install diagram (one needs to download this from EasyStart). I used a piece of heat shrink instead of the recommended electrical tape, and had to bend a few tabs to get room for the collection of fast-on connectors on the cap. Finally, I did have to cut the blue wire from the compressor in order to splice the black wire from the EasyStart into it. The kit did come with Wago connectors, but I've got 50 years of using wire nuts and prefer them (discussed in another thread somewhere...)

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 7.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	114661
    Cap re-installed in the box, and the wires secured with wire ties as needed. Wire nut oriented so that the open end will be down in final position.

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 8.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	114662

I did not find a reasonable place to physically mount the boxes, so I simply zip-tied them together and then to the outside of the lower housing. They really have nowhere to move to.

Name:	EasyStart Furrion 9.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	114663

I should have oriented the clear part of the EasyStart box outward in order to enable seeing the diagnostic indicator lights, but will do so if/when I need to. Note also that the duct seal had pulled away from the evaporator box as shown prior to this install (RV's....). I did redo that.​
    Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

AlexPeterson -- outstanding posts! Added the Reference Library tag.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Great post. Really makes the decision to put one in a no brainer.
        2018 GMC HD Denali Duramax
        2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
        Reese Dual-Cam straight-line hitch

Comment

howson bridgway

Thanks guys - I should add that I got the bluetooth version because, well, I'm a geek and want to know stuff. It shows the max startup current after the 5 cycle learning period to be 17amps IIRC. Running is about 7a (as it normally would be). These currents are only the compressor, I suspect the fans add a couple or three amps. While I have a 3500/4500 watt inverter generator, it should start on my 1800/2300 inverter one also.
          Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPeterson View Post
            howson bridgway

Thanks guys - I should add that I got the bluetooth version because, well, I'm a geek and want to know stuff. It shows the max startup current after the 5 cycle learning period to be 17amps IIRC. Running is about 7a (as it normally would be). These currents are only the compressor, I suspect the fans add a couple or three amps. While I have a 3500/4500 watt inverter generator, it should start on my 1800/2300 inverter one also.
            I noticed it is much easier on the equipment as well. With our AC, startup current draw was about 30 amps. After softstart it's 12-15 amps. Huge difference. Mine uses 10-12 amps while running.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Working...
            X